Hammonton Green Committee Minutes - April 2018
Monthly Meeting - Hammonton Town Hall
Green Committee Members:
_ Jeanette DePiero X Mica McCullough X Amy Menzel _ Linda Esposito
_Kerri Patton _Sara Verrillo __Courtney Volpe
Friends of the Green Committee & Guests: Eric Schmehl, Victoria Falciani
- Events and Projects:
ANJEC Grant Proposal for Pollinator Planting
- Amy/Mica will write letter of support, give to Dan for submission with application.
- Placing ad in this week’s Gazette (¼ page ad for $100)
- Currently up to 19 open garden beds
- Mica will reach out to gardeners from whom we haven’t heard a response
- Mica will reach out to Boy Scout connection, start scheduling Garden Talks
- Opening Day 4/14 10:00 am
- Garden 101 sessions on 4/14 at 9:00 am at the Garden & 4/18 at 7:00 pm in Town Hall
- Garden Work Party 4/29 at 10:00 am
- Need to create a list of garden chores for Scouts & other volunteer tasks
- Email Lisa Z. if interested in being on the Children’s Garden Committee.
ACUA Earth Day (4/22), 10-4
- We can share a table/ area with other Green Teams. Mica will reach out to Sustainable Monroe Twp to gauge their interest.
- Mica will ask Courtney if she is willing/able to do the T-shirt bag activity again.
- Table rentals from ACUA are $10.
- Help needed!
- Forming subcommittee
- Hammonton School District will be assembling a green team to perform district wide actions. Shooting for Bronze certification.
- Would like to pursue single-use bag ordinance, balloon ordinance, Mayor’s Monarch Challenge.
Third Thursday (4/19), 6-9 pm
- Table outside of Hammonton Arts Center
- Handing out perennials/ seeds (Mica & Amy are transplanting/ collecting)
- Volunteers needed to sit at table
Downtown Cleanup & Flower Planting May 5
- Green Committee can fan out, help clean up NJTransit lot/ area around Community Garden, any particularly trashy areas
- Keep eyes peeled for locations for cleanup!
Green Business Recognition Program
- Sara will reach out to applicants (Pistone’s & Fermented Food & Beverage Supply Shop) to review applications, schedule visit/ tour, and submit press release to Gazette for recognition.
Adopt a Road Cleanups
- Next cleanup scheduled for Sunday, June 10 at 10:00 am. Meet at Library parking lot.
Family Success Center Planting
- Mulch has been delivered! Thanks Linda E. & Scott R.
- Seeking perennial plants.
Green Day 2018
- Scheduled for Sunday, September 23.
- We’ll start contacting past vendors in May.
2. Garden Update -
- Next meeting Monday, May 7, 7:00 pm at Town Hall.
3. Open Floor