ALVIN INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
R.L. Stevenson Primary Principal
R. L. Stevenson Primary Translation Policy
As part of Title I, Part A Schoolwide program requirements, R L Stevenson Primary follows the following procedures for translation and interpretation services for families of R L Stevenson Primary students.
The Home Language Survey is used by R L Stevenson Primary to identify languages spoken by families residing in the R L Stevenson Primary attendance zone. The Home Language Survey is available in English and Spanish. Stevenson Primary will offer translation for any language spoken by at least 10% of the student population.
- R L Stevenson Primary personnel will be available to translate or interpret as needed for parents/guardians whose first language is Spanish.
- Translation and interpretations in Spanish will be made available at any meeting, parent conferences, Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC) Meetings, Assessment, Review Dismissal (AED) Meeting, 504 Meetings and pare/guardian school events as needed.
- Information regarding student interpretive, descriptive, and diagnostic reports shall be translated into the students/parents home language.
- Documents and information are sent home in English and Spanish.
- Skyward (parent/guardian access to student grades, attendance, and discipline) for Alvin ISD translates into Spanish.
- The Campus Improvement plan (CIP) is available in English and Spanish on the campus website. Hard copies are available at the Campus Office upon request
- The Campus Parent and Family Engagement Policy is available in English and Spanish on the campus website. Hard copies are available at the Campus Office upon request.
- Parent Compact is available in English and Spanish on the campus website. Hard copies are available at the Campus Office upon request.
- Curriculum Information that is provided to parents in English is also available in Spanish.
- Academic Assessment information that is provided to parents in English is also available in Spanish.
- Student Progress information is provided to parents in English and Spanish.
- Any promotional information about parent training and activities is provided to parents in English and Spanish.
Note: Translation can be provided in either written or verbal form.
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requirements for the translation policy can be found in ESSA 1114 (b), 1112 (e)(4), 1114 (b)(4); 1116 (e)(5); and 1116 (f)
4715 Mustang Rd. Alvin, TX 77511 281-585-3349