Appeals notified by 2/27
MHS induction ceremony on Mar. 4 in conjunction with music concert.
Congrats to Jace and Gabe and the TMB/WWG wrestling team for winning the section championship last Saturday. State team wrestling will be on Thursday, Feb 28 at St. Paul. Times: 11:00 and 1:00.
Details on a fan bus and tickets will come out this week.
Buy state wrestling clothing! Click here: https://pantherstatewrestling2019.itemorder.com/
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Monday, March 25.
01. Breakfast Thursday: Breakfast burrito, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch Thursday: Burger Bar, tater tots, fruit, milk
Breakfast Friday: Long John, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch Friday: Stuffed crust pizza, broccoli w/cheese, fruit, milk.
02. College/Military Reps:
Mon. Feb. 25, Ridgewater, 11:30 am
Wed. Feb. 27, SE TECH., 9:00 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Because of missed days this quarter, Quarter 3 will now end on Friday, March 29, 2019, with quarter 4 beginning on Monday, April 1.
Early Dismissal --
Thurs., 2/21 - Class meetings for all, P1
G7 - Mrs. Ross’ room
G8 - Mrs. Kletscher’s room
G9 - Mr. Merrick’s room
G10 - Cafeteria
G11 - Ms. Schoephoerster’s room
G12 - Mr. Theisen’s room
Tues., 2/26 - Dynamic Reading, P6a
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb 28, Walnut Grove Area Foundation
March 1, MN Soybean Processors
March 7- WWG Local Area Scholarship
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
April 1, American Legion
07. Winter Road
Kat stows away in her mother’s semi truck on a dangerous trek across a frozen lake.
08. Juniors interested in Boys’ or Girls’ State, turn in your paperwork no later than March 12. The office has informative handouts.
09. The WWG girls basketball team will play HLO/F in the first round of the section tournament on Thursday, Feb. 21 at Westbrook at 7:00 pm.
The winner will advance to play at Worthington on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 11:00am vs HBC. the pep-band will play at Thursday's game this week
10. Tues., 3/12 - Per state requirement, the 7th graders will be taking CPR/AED training. These 8th graders will also need to be there Kole C, Izzy R and Tyjenae S-H. Meet in the health room first (Mrs. Ross) and then we will go to the gym. This will take most of the period.
11. Senior High Knowledge Bowl - Practice will be EVERY FRIDAY.
12. Mon., 2/25 - 8:20-9:20 AM - Tessera Testing for Grade 7-11
13. Minnesota Honor Society
Selection by 2/18
Appeal requests by 2/2014. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
Tracy Jr. High 2/18. Bus leaves WB @ 1:50T-shirts are in. Houa, Sophia, Melinda
15. Spring Play Schedule (2/18-22):
Tuesday - Friday: 3:30 practice in the auditorium
16. Community Blood Bank blood drive will be at WWG HS on Mon., 3/4. 11:00-2:00 & 3:00-5:00.
Sign up at the HS office.
You must be 17 (16 w/parent permission. Get form from office), be in good health, and weigh at least 110 lbs.
17. Reminder to Gavin , Mark, and Aidan to turn in game and practice jersey to Mrs Ross.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Faculty meeting on Mon., 2/25, 7:45 am.
Mon., 25 - ECFE at WB, 5:30.
School Board at WG, 7:00 PM.
Thurs., 2/26 - Gr. 4-6 Concert.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 2/21 - GB Sections vs HLO/F at Westbrook at 7:00; the pep-band will play at Thursday's game this week.
Fri., 2/22 - BB, SWC at Edgerton, 6:00 Bus :4:25.
WR Ind. Section at Windom 5:00 Bus TMB 1:00, WB 1:30
Sat., 2/23 - GB Sections at Worthington 11:00 Bus WG 9:15 WB 9:35
WR Ind. Section at Windom. 10:00 Bus leaves WB at 6:45.
Sat. 2/23 - JO 12’s practice at 7:30
Mon., 2/25 - BB, Adrian at WB, C at 5:00 followed by B and Varsity. Parents’ Night Pep band plays. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Sophomores, Conc. Supervisor-Sandbulte.
Sat. 3/2-BB Sections: WWG boys basketball will play the winner of RRC/Edgerton on Saturday, March 2 at 4:00 at Worthington High School in Section 3A South.