Fall Session 2018-Week 4
CONNECTING WITH GOD’S FAMILY – How good are you at waiting? What is your most challenging thing to wait on?
1) Cars purposefully blocking traffic lanes, so you can’t pass?
2) When you are in the “10 items or less” lane at Walmart and the person in front of you has a whole cart full? Ugh!
3) The gas pump decides to go ultra-slow and it takes 15 minutes to fill up with gas?
4) While on family vacation, someone decides to go to the hotel bathroom for ½ an hour while you are waiting to get into the bathroom?
5) Waiting for the Cowboys to win their next Superbowl?
6) Or some other waiting issue you have?
GROWING TO BE LIKE CHRIST
Read Proverbs 3:5-7. Trusting in God releases the blessings of God. Trusting in yourself will lead to failure and pain. Can you recall an experience that you had to make a choice to trust God or trust your own way of getting things done? What did you do?
Read Proverbs 14:12. Has there ever been a time in your life that you thought you were doing the right thing but ended so wrong? What would you have done differently?
Read Psalm 62:5-7. The Psalmist declares his trust in God. Name the things that God does that are listed in these verses? (Help List: Defender, Protector, Savior, Victor & Shelter)
Read Luke 23:3-9. Everyone experiences being misunderstood, criticized, judged and we would naturally like to defend ourselves. Responding like Jesus will require you to trust in God. What do we gain by trusting God instead of relying on our own self defense?
Read Philippians 4:19. Finances are a great source of anxiety for people. Share a time when you were challenged by a shortage in your life and God supplied your need. How can you depend on God’s wealth and not your own?
“GOD’S WORD, DONE GOD’S WAY, WILL NEVER LACK GOD’S BLESSING.”