Remote Learning School Hours:
- School daily hours are 8:30 am - 1:30 pm.
- Students should utilize their UCW Google Calendar to stay organized and on pace with their class schedule.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30am - 8:40am
8:30am - 9:05am
8:45am - 9:15am
9:10am - 9:45am
9:20am - 9:50am
9:50am - 10:25am
9:55am - 10:25am
10:30am - 11:05am
10:30am - 11:00am
11:05am - 11:25am
5th - P.A.S.S Block
11:05am - 11:35am
5th - P.A.S.S Block
11:25am - 11:45am
11:35am - 12:10pm
11:45am - 12:15pm
12:15pm - 12:50pm
12:20pm - 12:50pm
12:55pm - 1:30pm
12:55pm - 1:25pm
Asynchronous Schedule (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
1:30 pm - 2:15 pm
Daily Student Lunch
2:15 pm - 3:00 pm
Office Hours: Social-Emotional Learning and/or Academic Support
3:05 pm - 4:15 pm
Student Study Groups, Watch Webinars, Revise and Complete Assignments and Classroom Projects
STUDENTS: REMOTE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
General Remote Learning Expectations
- Students will be expected to follow the Remote Learning Bell Schedule and attend all classes on time.
- Students should sign into their zoom classrooms daily and on time.
- Students will utilize their google calendar to help navigate their daily schedules.
- Camera’s must be turned on throughout the class.
- Personify UCW core values of Scholarship, Leadership, Excellence and Grit during remote learning.
- Use equipment as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy.
Remote Learning Physical Space:
- To the best of their ability, students should create/find a space at home that will allow them to participate in remote learning with minimal distractions.
Remote Learning Virtual Space:
- Students should access the zoom/virtual classroom utilizing the device provided by UCW HS.
- Remain on mute when not speaking.
- Students should not join their classroom via their cell phones.
- Cell phones should be on silent and put to the side during classroom instruction.
- Students' names should be displayed on the zoom screen.
- Camera’s must be turned on throughout the class. If students have to step away from class, students should turn their cameras off for a short time.
- If students are away longer than 5 minutes, they should send their teacher a private message or follow up with an email explaining their absence.
- Should this continue to happen the student will be referred to the Director of Student Life.
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each class. If students are Tardy, this will be documented in PowerSchool by the teacher.
- If students are tardy 3 or more times a phone call will be made home to identify how we can best support. If tardies continue after supports have been provided, students and parents will be required to have a zoom conference with the counselor and/or the Office of Student Life.
- If students are going to miss class they should notify the teacher in advance and will be marked absent. Should this constitute an excused absence (i.e. doctors appointment, emergency, etc.), the parent should contact Ms. Norvell in the main office. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If students miss 3 or more classes in a single day, this will count as a full day absence. Students who earn 1 or more unexcused full day absences in a week will receive a parent phone call. Should this continue, students and parents will be required to have a zoom conference with the counselor and/or the Office of Student Life.
Remote Learning Attire:
- Students must be fully clothed during class time.
- Students may wear a UCW shirt or attire daily.
- Du-rags, hats, bonnets, scarves, or sunglasses are not appropriate headgear during in-person instruction and should not be worn during remote learning class time.
- Spaghetti straps, sleeveless t-shirts, sports bras, midriff shirts, belly shirts, or see-through tops are not permissible.
Remote Learning School Culture:
- Students will follow the UCW Code of Conduct during remote learning.
- Collaboration with peers will utilize respectful language and behaviors during virtual classes and remote learning activities.
- Reach out to school counselors, teachers or administrators if work becomes too overwhelming.
- Students will participate in the school-wide Circle on Wednesday mornings to celebrate Warrior accomplishments and hear announcements of upcoming activities.
- If students are in need of a class code for google classroom, they can reach out to the classroom teacher or school administration for support.