GHAC CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2019
HILTON FALLS CONSERVATION AREA
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COACHES
● Directions to Hilton Falls - http://www.conservationhalton.ca/hilton-falls
● GHAC Playing Regulations (hit refresh button after you hit the XC button)
● Please make sure all the following OFSAA forms have been signed by the
appropriate person (i.e. Principal, Athletes, Parents and Coaches) and
● All OFSAA forms are available by clicking on them here or on the OFSAA
Including other information about the event.
● Fees this year are based the numbers from last year. So this year it costs
$12.00 per participant. So please multiply your number of athletes that you
registered by $12 and that is how much the cheque should be that you bring to
registration. Make cheques payable to GHAC. The Link is below for the GHAC race on
Wednesday October 23, 2019
● Here is the link to the GHAC registration forms for review
● GHAC REGISTRATION: http://xcrunner.ca
Also there is a Pre-GHAC race to get to know the race courses a
little better and also enjoy another beautiful day at Hilton Falls. To register for
this race which is happening on Wednesday October 16, 2019
● GHAC REGISTRATION: http://xcrunner.ca
● This year we are using the triathlon bands for timing purposes. Please be early
to get your athletes registered for the race. Make sure they return their band
to the timers at the end of the race.
● Please keep your area clean and use the garbage cans in area
● Course maps are provided inside envelope at registration and will be posted on
line as well
● OFSAA entries must be confirmed at the GHAC meet before you leave and
report any athletes who may be scratching with Greg Dailey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or James Crowe (email@example.com) ASAP.
● Entries - Each association is allowed to enter the TOP 2 TEAMS in each age
group and the TOP 5 INDIVIDUALS. A team is
comprised of no more than 5 runners in the same age group. All runners may
compete, no alternates may be registered. Runners must compete in the same
age class at OFSAA as they did at their association meet.
• The GHAC will determine winning team with the following process. The scores
of top four (4) team runners shall count for a team score. In the event of a tie it
shall be resolved in favour of the team whose fourth runner finishes nearest
first place. Overall Champions scoring for GHAC, Halton, and Hamilton Overall team
Champions will be as follows: 1st – 10 2nd – 8 3rd – 6 4th – 4 5th – 2 6th – 1 The
winner of the overall Championship will be the school who accumulates the
most points from all three division
● Athletic Therapist will be available on site in the registration area for first aid.
● Ensure all athletes bring a water bottle where they can be re-fill in different
locations around the starting area
● Students/coaches please bring litterless lunches and snacks. However there
will be a catered Concession stand will be available near the coach’s lounge
● We will keep to the time scheduled and not go ahead of scheduled time unless
necessary - Announcements will be made in this event.
● Inclement weather: If thunder and lightning may become an issue please note
that: IN THE EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, RACES MAY BE DELAYED UP TO 30
MINUTES. “PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY”. The new races times will be announced
over the PA.
● Results will be posted very soon after each race. The athletes or coaches - with
a signature, can pick up HWCAA medals, HSSAA medals, AND HCSSA medals
● Please read the GHAC Cross-Country Playing Regulations especially Eligibility,
Rules, uniforms, Finances
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND CO-OPERATION!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
8:30 - REGISTRATION (In Coach’s Lounge)
9:30 AM COACHES MEETING (In Coach’s Lounge)
10:00 AM NOVICE GIRLS 4 KM – (Refer to MAP) 10:00 am PARA Runners 3 KM
10:30 AM NOVICE BOYS 4 KM – (Refer to MAP)
11:10 AM JUNIOR GIRLS 5 KM – (Refer to MAP)
11:45 AM JUNIOR BOYS 5 KM – (Refer to MAP)
12:30 PM SENIOR GIRLS 6 KM – (Refer to MAP)
1:15 PM SENIOR BOYS 6 KM – (Refer to MAP)
Due to board policy, we can no longer provide food / coffee etc so please plan accordingly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
OFSAA Forms These can be downloaded at www.ofsaa.on.ca
All coaches are required to submit all forms to their association convenor the morning the GHAC Championships when registering. Please have your forms completed with all appropriate signatures to compete.
Forms can be downloaded from the OFSAA site.
NOVICE Girls race 10 AM
NOVICE Boys race 10:30 AM
Start > B > A > C > D > E > Finish
Junior Girls 11:10 AM
Junior Boys 11:45 AM
Start > B > C > D > C > D > E > Finish
Senior Girls Race 12:30 PM
Senior Boys Race 1:15 PM
Start>B > C > D > C > A> B> C>D > EFinish
PARA RACE 10 AM
Start > B > C > D > E > Finish