Position: Support Preschool Co-Teacher
Pay Scale: $11.50-14.50/hr- with bonuses for Longevity, Education, Experience, and fleXible pay for skills
Terms & Benefits: 35 hrs/wk, 90 days for benefits, 10-month contract, 177 Student Days
Incentives: 3 Paid- Training Days, 3 Paid- W.E.L.L. Days (Wellness and Reflection Days) 10 Paid- Holidays, 10- Paid- Vacation, & 4 Paid- Sick Days, Summer work available
Supported by: Your Lead Teacher, the Director, and Ambassador of Enrollment & Engagement
Supports: Teachers, parents, children, community members, and volunteers.
Job Description: Co-teachers are responsible for encouraging safe, supportive, nurturing and responsive environments, experiences, and relationships. An ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys collaboration, creativity, responsibility, and most importantly being with children.
- Help Organize and maintain a safe and engaging learning environment. Prepare supplies at times.
- Facilitate learning in child-centered activities, planned and unplanned including social and emotional learning, Project-Based Learning, S.T.E.A.M., early literacy, and self-leadership.
- Support all staff in meeting NC Licensure Compliance, ECERS/ITERS, Tuition Subsidy, & Food Program data and agreements.
- Develop, nurture & celebrate relationships with parents, volunteers, community members, and students.
- Participate in your Personal and Professional Growth Plan through training, sharing, and coaching offered throughout the year.
- Participate in daily routines and community building as a positive role model and mentor.
- Support independence, regulation, self-management, personal empowerment, restorative justice and safety.
- Practice strong communication & collaboration with staff, board, parents, community, and students. Participate in up to 15 special events to build community.
- Co-create a positive work environment by being authentic, compassionate, understanding, and centering each day on what is best for the children and families.
- Allow children to be themselves and follow their hearts.
- One year minimum experience working with children (2 preferred)
- Experience being ethical, respectful, and non-judgemental with people from all walks of life.
- Experiencing working with multi-racial groups to embody justice and compassion to create a safe, supportive, and nurturing environments, experiences, and relationships.
- Experience using technology, Google Drive, Calendars, Social Media, Excel, data entry, basic word processing, and content creation for professional use and with children.
- Experience with any of the following: Social and Emotional learning & teaching, Child-centered, Brain-based learning, Whole person learning, Project Based Learning, Asset/Strength-based, Resiliency, Equity, Trauma-informed education, Yoga, Mindfulness, Restorative justice, Inclusion, Equity, Creative arts, Music, Transition to Kindergarten, Community & Parent Engagement, Co-teaching, S.T.E.A.M., multiple learning styles and different abled learners.
- Preferred Associate Degree in ECE or related field
- Completed EDU 119 or equivalent
- NC ECE Credential
- Other experience with children- camp, internships, public school, or aspiring educator/coach/mentor is ideal
- Qualifying Letter- Background Check**
Ethos of Evolve:
As an Evolve Early Learning Ambassador, I…
- possess an inner commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of children and advocate for social, environmental, educational, and economic justice for all beings.
- model and practice self-compassion and community-care, positive participation, clear communication, problem-solving & leadership skills, and kindness to the best of my ability.
- appreciate and honor the interdependence of our planet, it’s creatures, and it’s people
- express my feelings, talents, and perspectives and connect to my inner motivations
- participate in training to ensure safety, support, and cultural responsiveness at the highest level. (Including background check, pre-camp training days, and in-real-time training and support.)
- can comfortably move with young children- lift up to 40lbs, bend and sit on the floor, run 100 yards, walk up to a mile, and actively and mindfully supervise and support children.
- chose to be present each day to co-create safe, supportive, nurturing, and responsive environments, experiences, and relationships.
- understand that flexibility and taking risks is necessary to innovate & contribute to the unfoldment of safe and stimulating learning
- understand that cooperation and communication is necessary to thrive & contribute to listening and leading
- Can uphold our values: Courage, Justice, Gratitude, and Love
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Preschool Co-Teacher