State of Illinois
Physical and Immunization Requirements for Students Entering
- Health Exam - conducted within one year
- Physical Exam - signed and dated by doctor
- Immunizations - signed and dated by doctor
- Health History - on physical exam; must be signed and dated by parent
- Physical Education - checked off by doctor
- Mandatory Diabetes Risk Assessment - Diabetes screening section on physical exam form.
- Required Immunizations
- DPT - 4 or more doses - last booster after 4th birthday
- Tdap – 1 dose of Tdap
- Polio - 3 or more doses - last booster after 4th birthday
- MMR - 1 dose after 12 months; 2nd dose no less than 4 weeks/28 days later
- HepB - 3 doses -4 weeks/28 days between 1st and 2nd dose. 4 months minimum between 1st and 3rd dose.
- Varicella Vaccine/Chicken Pox - on or after 1st birthday (or proof of disease and date documented by doctor)
- MCV - Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine - 1st dose on or after 11th birthday
- Dental Examination is mandatory
A tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux type) is strongly recommended but is not required for entrance into 6th grade.
Students not meeting the above requirements will be EXCLUDED from school after set exclusion date (third Friday after the first full week of school).