January 12th, 2019
Ignition Meeting Minutes (Public)
In Attendance: Lizzie (President)
Chris (Vice President)
Not Present: Jill (Treasurer)
President calls meeting to order
- Read through PO Recommendations minutes:
- President motions to approve. Legal 2nd. Unanimous Ayes
- Driver’s License Update - Did Legal get his in?
- Secretary in charge of creating doc for NDA agreement for Board
- Email updates for IF - Progress w/ G-Suite?
- President says keeping .com emails due to saving info, even though wanting to transfer over to .org. Tasking EC’s with getting .orgs going. President set them up, but nobody has been accessing them. Approx. 20-30 accounts need this done. President going to create spreadsheet for this purpose. Ex: email@example.com.
- President discusses getting up to date EC list for all our burns for 2019. Contact info for all. Get it started for new EC Liaison.
- Secretary will start by contacting Red for Interfuse, Craig for HoP.
- EC education on budget policy - have them read, sign, and send back?
- Accountant has discussion scheduled for later today. Will discuss procedures with EC’s throughout the coming season.
- Vote on 2019 budget. Increase on D&O to $700.
- President motioned, Secretary 2nd.
- Unanimous Ayes
- Vote on 2019 financial policy. (email) replaces “Dolla dolla bill policy”
- Votes in via email voting
- President Aye
- VP Aye
- Accountant Aye
- Secretary Aye
- Treasurer Aye
- Legal Aye
- Vote on PO Recommendations
- Votes in via Google Meet Meeting on 1/4/19
Motion Carried with ⅘
- $1500 retainer fee. Get infrastructure up and running better. Retain info from dot.com, history. VP will discuss with current IT Support the list of improvements for website.
- Legal motioned, President 2nd. Unanimous Ayes.
- VP & IT Support coming up w/ document for Webmaster to sign.
- New Proposal of MWB Member Disciplinary Procedure 2019
- Last paragraph regarding appeals… can appeal decision after one year (if 2 year sentence) Sent to PO. Should appeal to PO, if they agree, recommend to Board then. Upon request by EC or Ranger. PO may recommend certain paths to follow for community members involved in investigations in order to get back to “normal” in the community. (in order for sanctions to be lifted).
- President motioned for vote. Legal 2nd. Unanimous Ayes
- Legal going to work w/ PO to get leadership Code of Conduct, and showing them regular Code of Conduct.
- Treasurer status.
- All five applicants have been emailed questionnaire to complete & return by 1/2/19.
- Have received three completed questionnaires and two applicants declined to complete.
- All responses have been forwarded to all Board members for review.
- President emailed leads/EC’s completed questionnaires to be voted on by 1/15/19 at midnight.
- Not extending deadline. We will vote from votes in by then.
- Secretary will work on getting nomination form up on Facebook pages.
- Public Request for Financial Information
- Accountant is working with IT Support on finding how to access 2013-2016 information. Stated needs to be done within 30 days.
- Vote to Increase Operational Reserve Fund passed at December Board Meeting. $30,000 in funds need to be transferred to savings.
- President is asking outgoing Treasurer to get this completed.
- Consideration of Registration for Trademark on certain Midwest Burner Intellectual Property
- Discussed as a group, not pursuing at this time.
- Commendation of Merit to certain members of the Community
- Accountant recommends that a couple community members receive commendation of merit for teaching at multiple burns. He would like to see the Board create a document recognizing them for their contributions. President suggests Accountant write it up.
- Need to find trainings that would benefit burners. Board as a whole is going to collect ideas and discuss at next meeting.
- VP has created a document to list needed updates to the current site. He urges the rest of the Board to review and edit as needed.
- Ignition conference updates.
- Restructuring Meeting at Ignition - Due to current obligations, decided to postpone
- President of KS Area Burners states that they are exploring options other than joining MWB due to the timeframe they have to work with. Will discuss options at next Board Meeting.
- Quartermaster task assignment update.
- Bridget Bowie agreed to be MWB Quartermaster. President meeting with Bridget at Ignition to discuss details of this.
- InterFuse land rental contract update. Discuss land contracts and if MWB needs to sign these?
- Discussed changing to have MWB Board sign these contracts, not the EC’s.
- VP has been looking into options.
- At minimum, cover any one acting in official capacity of the Association. Board members, any deputy of the Board (Principle's Officer, Quarter Master), and event E.C.s (Just the primary E.C. for the Burn).
- $500 - $700 budgeted seems to be what we need via VP’s research. Would cover EC’s & Board. May cover leads possibly… looking into this. Insurance for between the burns… more for covering administrative accidents/incidents. Should include lead EC’s, Board, officers of Board, facebook administrators.
- Org Chart submitted & uploaded. Should be good to go.
- Update to Financial Policy V2.50 dated 1.12.19 (Travel and Contribution Receipts) as stated below
- Insert after Advances, but before Fixed Assets
- Travel Expenses
- It is the policy of Midwest Burners Association to fund Agents of the Association for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred in connection with approved travel on behalf of the Association.
- Travel expenses are reimbursed only to current entities of the Association who are in good standing, and travel being reimbursed must be in conjunction with furthering the Association’s Mission, or conducting its business.
- Travel policy is aligned with budgeting and reimbursement policy, and must comply with general expenditure policy.
- Requests for travel reimbursement are made to the Board Accountant no less than 30 days prior to the event, and must be authorized by the Finance Committee prior to travel. Board Members may not approve their own funding.
- And as the third policy under Fundraising the following:
Receipts for contributions shall be provided by the Association for any single donation of $75.00 or more; or for any amount on demand of the donor.
- President motioned to vote on the above changes. Secretary seconded the vote. Unanimous Ayes.
- Accountant has completed audit interview.
- Four RFP Submitted, One Returned.
- Recommend Audit of 2018 + Financials
- 5000 budgeted… discussed spreading out this fee (and whether it will decrease) for future years. Need to do this big one this year though. 4800 this year, less for previous years. Needs to be done every 3 years?
- President motioned to vote on above Audit. Legal seconded the vote. Unanimous Ayes.
- MWB Facebook page - should we change how we moderate/who moderates this site?
- Look at “Nowhere Burn” info and talk about adopting that for MWB
- Set meeting schedule for 2019
- Months we will meet in
- Date/Location for February (work?) Meeting
- Discussed an early February meeting via Google Meet. Will send out Board email to vote on dates that will work. Will discuss future 2019 meetings at February meeting.