Tairangi School Procedure Statement
STUDENTS LEAVING THE SCHOOL NAG 5 Health & Safety
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- During school time, parents/caregivers are to pick their children up fro either the classroom or the office. Either the teacher or the office staff will then be aware of children leaving the school.
- During school time, students are not permitted to wait for a parent/caregiver to pick them up in the car park or outside the school.
- Students are not to leave the school with anyone but their parents/caregiver unless the parent/caregiver has spoken with an adult at the school or sent a written request that this can be done.
- A parent will not be given access to their child/children if the school is holding a current Protection Order forbidding that person to have access. It is the responsibility of a student’s parent/caregiver to provide a copy of this. All Protection Orders will be held in a confidential file in the Principal’s office. Class teachers will be informed that these Protect Orders exist.
- All students going home for lunch must sign the Lunch Book and cross their name off upon their return to school.
- If a teacher is unsure whether to let a child leave the school with any person, the Principal will be called.
File:leavingschool5.doc Procedure Statement – Students Leaving the School