7th Grade Vocal Music
Curriculum at a Glance
- Student will learn the name, function, and location of the larynx, diaphragm, stomach, lungs, trachea, esophagus, articulators, intercostals, spine, ribs, belly button, face as they relate to the process of singing.
- Students will sing accurately, with good breath control, expression and technical accuracy varied literature throughout vocal singing ranges in a large ensemble in up to 3-part harmony.
- Students will accurately label pitches using solfege syllables do, re, mi, fa, so. la, ti, do. Students' will also label counts using quarter, half, dotted half, whole, eighth, sixteenth values. Students will sing by sight all pitches in a major mode in up to 2 parts.
- Students will accurately identify notes on the treble and bass staffs including notes above and below the staves.
- Students will sing in small groups and as an ensemble a major scale and triads on solfege training the ear and voice. Perform scales in canon in up to 4 parts.