CAUTION: never look directly into the laser as it may cause permanent eye damage.
The adjustable laser can be purchased directly from MoveShootMove.com
To adjust the laser you will need; adjustment wrench, laser mount, tripod, ruler, masking tape, and a fine tip marker.
- Use the laser mount to attach the laser to the MSM star Tracker on a study tripod so that the mount never moves during this entire adjustment process.
- The laser has markings for the X and Y axis. Loosen the mount screw holding the laser then insert the wrench into the X axis hole and rotate the entire laser so that hole is pointing straight down. Push the laser into the mount until the wrench hits the mount then tighten the mount screw.
- Turn on the laser and aim at a far wall. Mark an X on a piece of tape and place that tape on the wall where the laser hits so that the X falls under the center of the laser beam.
- Loosen the mount screw holding the laser and rotate 180 degrees so the X axis hole is now straight up. Push the laser into the mount until the wrench hits the mount then tighten the mount screw.
- Mark an X on a piece of tape and place this additional tape on the wall where the laser hits so that the X falls under the center of the laser beam.
- Using a ruler find the center point between those two tape marks and place another X at that point.
- Now, keeping the laser tight in the mount, use the wrench in both the X and Y adjustment holes to aim the laser at the mark on the center piece of tape. When the X axis hole is pointing straight up the X adjustment is up and down and Y adjustment is left and right.
If you have any questions about using the Move Shoot Move Star Tracker or it’s accessories please post them in our Move Shoot Move User Group on Facebook where myself and other MSM Ambassadors and users will be happy to help.