PALNI Analytics Coordination Admin Team
Description and Statement of Work
Return on Investment (ROI)
Participation in the Analytics Admin Team is expected by those electing to join the team. Members of the Analytics Admin Team will provide input, lead initiatives, perform work, and lead task forces in the area of Analytics for the consortium.
- Monthly 1 hour meetings
- 2-4 hours per month working on Admin team activities, projects, and task forces
- Access to professional development funds and training opportunities
- Direct development through leadership opportunities, skill sharing, and peer relationships
- Analytics Admin Team provides a suite of services, tools, and resources to all PALNI members (see below)
- Access to Analytics Summit and events open to anyone interested in attending
Goals of the Statement of Work
This statement of work defines the operational support provided by the Analytics Coordination Admin Team to PALNI supported institutions. The objectives of this statement of work are to:
- Articulate clear roles and responsibilities of the PALNI Analytics Coordination Admin Team.
- Provide a concise and clear description of the operational services and support provided.
- Ensure that expected service is delivered through measurable means.
- Communicate expectations for PALNI supported institutions.
Admin Team Charge & Description
The Analytics Coordination Admin Team will support consortium and institutional assessment through developing best practices and performing work gathering, reporting, analyzing, and presenting data.
The Analytics Coordination Admin Team works with each of the other established PALNI groups to gain insights into the needs of the consortium, prioritizing and working to create or advocate for the necessary reports, data, or analysis. The Analytics Admin Team identifies sources of data to be used for dashboards, reporting, and strategic long term analysis. Taking direction from the strategic plan as well as identifying new opportunities and recommending objectives, this group will balance immediate needs with long term goals.
Admin Team Membership
- Heather Loehr - PALNI Analytics Coordinator, Chair
- Noah Brubaker - PALNI Associate Director
- Barb Chen - PALNI Fulfillment Coordinator
- Lauren Magnuson - PALNI Development Coordinator
- Lisa Gonzalez - PALNI KB/LM Librarian
- Ruth Szpunar - PALNI Information Fluency Coordinator
- Eric Bradley - PALNI Information Fluency Coordinator
- Caroline Gilson - DePauw University
- Shawn Denny - Taylor University
- Bob Rankin - Taylor University
- Jerry Nugent - University of Indianapolis
- Amanda Hurford - PALNI Scholarly Communications Director, ex officio
Ongoing Responsibilities of the Analytics Admin Team
- Review the statement of work annually or as necessary to address changes in staffing, expectations, or service need.
- Perform Admin Team action items, including those from the strategic plan and others that are identified.
- Ongoing collection of availability information from team members in order to determine capacity.
- Actively collaborate with other PALNI groups and vendors.
Services of the Analytics Admin Team
- WMS Report Designer
- Local and Group consultation on report design and development, including creation of user guides and report templates for PALNI and OCLC.
- Local and Group assistance with report creation [via web or in-person consultation].
- IPEDS/ACRL Statistics Reports
- Assist with maintenance of PALNI documentation and best practices for IPEDS/ACRL or other group reporting.
- Provide consultation on report data sources and gathering.
- ACRL Metrics Portal
- Develop and maintain PALNI best practices documentation in conjunction with the ROI Board Committee.
- Arrange for training and assistance with using the ACRL Metrics Portal.
- Design / Maintain ACRL Metrics Portal Group Templates.
- Provide data exports upon request by PALNI staff and local libraries.
- Provide consultation and assistance with creation of local dashboards.
- Maintain consortial dashboards once created.
- OCLC Service Requests
- Review service request reports provided by the Analytics Coordinator to identify, prioritize, and advocate for responses to service requests affecting multiple PALNI libraries.
- OCLC Development
- Review enhancement requests on the OCLC Community Center for topics of interest to PALNI including new and existing requests.
- Advocate for enhancements broadly affecting supported organizations.
- Draft and submit enhancement requests as identified or brought to the team’s attention.
- Update and revise Analytics related PALNI Vision documents.
- Analytics Summit
- Plan and host regular in-person or online Analytics Summits as appropriate topics and needs arise.
- Provide support for Suma, including documentation and best practices.
Ongoing Local Responsibilities
- Manage day to day reporting for your library.
- Maintain reports after consultations or other assistance from the Admin Team.
- Report statistics to ACRL and IPEDS.
- Provide statistics for consortial dashboards as requested.
- Submit own support and enhancement requests to OCLC.
- Analytics team members are generally available 8:00-5:00 ET Monday through Friday. If necessary, exceptions can be made upon request.
- Requests accepted via email [firstname.lastname@example.org], and hub postings.
- Libraries can expect a response within 2 business days and a progress report within 5 business days.
- Provide PALNI board and other stakeholders with updates about activities and support requests.
- Monitor support requests to identify and track widespread issues and report issues on PALNI Hub.
For More Information
- Contact the Analytics Coordinator at email@example.com