1, Display Settings:
- Housing color, Disk color, Needle, Background: Customize your Analog style barometer on the main app.
- Widget theme: Customize the widget background.
- Display marker needle: Display an orange needle on the main app, this needle is used to mark the pressure value for easier know it up/rise from the mark value. To change the value, touch 1 of your fingers on the disk, swipe up or down until it indicates the desired value.
2, Barometer Settings:
- Offset sensor values: use to calibrate raw sensor value, for example you see it differ from real value 1 hpa (when “Mean sea level pressure” off), enter -1 hpa to this option.
- Mean sea level pressure: pressure adjusted to sea level, not the actual local atmospheric pressure. When this option is ON you must provide “Reference altitude”, this is your current altitude, this value not affect the altitude display in the main app screen.
- Reference altitude from GPS: app will get “Reference altitude” from the GPS, best is turn it on for some minute and then turn off.
- Reference altitude: for app calculate pressure adjusted to sea level. You can find the accurate ground altitude value in Google Maps or http://elevationmap.net/
3, Altimeter Settings:
- Altitude from GPS: app displays altitude from GPS satellite. If this option off app will approximate calculate altitude from the air pressure read from device sensor and QNH value
- Relative altitude: with this feature you can use it to measure how high of a building. Reset to 0 at the ground, go to the top of the building and it will display the height of it.
- Sea level pressure (QNH): “atmospheric pressure adjusted to sea level” or atmospheric pressure adjustment of “Mean sea level pressure”. This value is used in aviation. If you turn on GPS, internet connection, the app will automatically get from the nearest airport. More accurate this value, more accurate in altimeter.
- Auto update QNH: QNH value can be automatically updated in the background, even when you turn off GPS. But when you turn off GPS, enter ICAO airport code of the nearest airport in the “Set nearest airport code” option.
- Auto update QNH interval: interval for automatically update QNH.
4, Pressure tracking:
Note that the “Graph” page only displays the pressure value of “Pressure tracking” in the background, not the pressure value in the real time.
This feature can send you notification about pressure change (weather change, altitude change) or even be used to track migraine from many of our customers.
- Pressure tracking: Automatically track air pressure change, record to database and send notification.
- Pressure tracking interval: interval for pressure tracking. For the exact "Tracking interval" please check the "Exact update interval" option."
- Pressure change notification: option to turn on or off notification when pressure change
- When pressure change more than: the option mean itself, you can use negative or positive value, unit in mb or hpa
4, Exac update interval:
- “Exact update interval” requires location updates in the background. If this option turns off or the location update in the background disable, the update interval will not be exact, it depends on the system "Background App Refresh".
If this option turns off, by design Apple iOS only runs background refresh tasks for about 15 minute to 30 minute without warranty.
You must meet all below condition to run background refresh (for pressure change and graph feature):
- Open app at least 1 a week
- Phone has network connection
- Phone not in low power or low power mode
If this option turns on, the app will continue to update location in the background and it will use more battery. Current version will use about 20 - 30% battery a day with the 10 minute interval.
When you press home button it will display a blue banner show that "Barometer Plus is using your location", if you don't want to see it, open iPhone Settings app,
choose Privacy and then Location Services, choose Barometer Plus and then select Always. In the Settings of the app, you will find an option to set interval for pressure and QNH update.
When this option is ON, “Pressure tracking” will always work with the interval you choose.
5, Other options, they are very easy to use and name itself functions.