We care about your personal data
Allianz (“Allianz “, “we, “us” “our”) appreciates your visit to explore.allianz.com (“Allianz Explore Website”), Protecting your privacy is a top priority for us. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, why it is collected and with whom it is shared or disclosed. Please read this notice carefully.
This Privacy Notice applies to any information obtained by Allianz through your use of the Explore Website. It is not applicable to any Internet websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with Allianz that the Allianz Explore Website may link to ("Third Party Sites"). You should review the privacy statements of Third Party Sites as Allianz is not responsible for and has no influence over the content or privacy practices of Third Party Sites.
The terms of this Privacy Notice are subject to any additional terms of disclaimers or other contractual terms you have entered into with Allianz such as client privacy statements or notices, and any applicable mandatory laws and regulations.
If you do not understand any part of this Privacy Notice, do not proceed to further web pages of the Allianz Explore Website. This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time. We therefore ask you to consult it on a regular basis.
1. Who is the data controller?
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible for keeping and using personal data in paper or electronic files. Allianz SE is the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulation.
2. What personal data will be collected and how do we collect the personal data?
We will collect and process various types of personal data about you as follows:
Information you give us:
· Basic personal details such as first name and surname
· Contact details such as address, country where you are located, phone number, email address, etc
· The content of the video uploaded on explore.allianz.com or shared with us using Third Parties’ Sites might contain personal data, such as but not limited to, digital images, photographic images, facial, voice, etc.
· If you are one of the winners of the competition, you will be required to provide proof of identification (e.g. passport or identity card), financial details (e.g. bank account details) and other information which may be necessary for the prize delivery
Information we get from your use of our Website or services:
When you visit the Website, our web server automatically records details about your visit, for example:
· Your IP address
· The web site from which you visit us
· The type of browser software used
· The Website pages that you actually visit including the date and duration of your visit
Allianz uses tracking technology such as cookies or tags to gather information as outlined above to understand how visitors use the Allianz Explore Website.
Tracking technology helps us manage and improve the usability of the Allianz Explore Website, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and to identify the most popular sections of the Allianz Explore Website.
When you save your cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to the Allianz Explore Website. However, for technical reasons beyond Allianz’s control, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access the Allianz Explore website from another browser or device your cookie settings may be lost. To comply with applicable laws and regulations, in some countries you may be asked to confirm your cookie settings when you first visit the Allianz Explore Website. If you are in a country where you are automatically required to set your cookie settings, you may be asked to set them again on a future visit.
In many cases you can also control tracking technologies using your browser. Please ensure that your browser setting reflects whether you wish to be warned about and/or accept tracking technologies (such as cookies) where possible. The specific capabilities of your browser and instructions on how to use them can usually be found in the manual or help file of your browser.
Refusing, disabling or deactivating of tracking technologies may result in a reduced availability of the services provided by the Allianz Explore Website or parts of the Allianz Explore Website may no longer function correctly.
Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: (click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB)
3. How will we use your personal data?
Allianz will use your personal data for the following purposes:
For the competition and related activities:
· To inform you about the program and the development and progress of the competition;
· To monitor adherence with the Terms and Conditions of the program;
· To communicate the winners of the program and in the event you are one of the winners organize the prize delivery to you;
· To advertise and promote the video and credit you as a content creator;
· To view publicly available content you post on social media outlets, including profile names and URLs;
· To inform you from time to time about upcoming programs or competitions; and
· To inform and register you for events
Please note, we will need your personal data if you would like to upload or share the video with Allianz and participate in this program. If you do not wish to provide your personal data to us, we will not be able to enroll you in the program.
For business and research and development purposes:
· To inform you about our services and products in accordance with your preferences which you can change at any time by contacting us;
· Technical administration and research and development of the Allianz Explore Website; and
· To help us to manage and improve the usability of the Allianz Explore Website and understand how visitors use it
4. Who will have access to your personal data?
We will ensure your personal data is processed in a manner compatible with the purposes indicated above. For the specified purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers and/or data processors:
· Other Allianz Group companies or affiliates; and
· Authorised agents and third party service providers.
We may also share your personal data in the following instances:
· In the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in any insolvency or similar proceedings)
· With government agencies or entities, regulatory authorities, or other persons in line with any applicable law, regulations, court order or official request, or under any and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities, or similar processes as either required or permitted by applicable law.
5. Where will your personal data be processed?
Your personal data may be processed both inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA) by the parties specified above, subject always to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal data to parties who are not authorized to process them.
Whenever we transfer your personal data for processing outside the EEA by another Allianz Group company, we will do so on the basis of Allianz’ approved binding corporate rules known as the Allianz Privacy Standard (Allianz’ BCR) which establish adequate protection for personal data and are legally binding on all Allianz Group companies. Allianz’ BCR and the list of Allianz Group companies that comply with them can be accessed here https://www.allianz.com/en/info/privacy-statement/. Where Allianz’ BCR do not apply, we will take steps to ensure the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA receives an adequate level of protection as it does in the EEA. You can find out what safeguards we rely upon for such transfers (for example, Standard Contractual Clauses) by contacting us as detailed below.
6. What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
· Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
· Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
· Update or correct your personal data so that it is always accurate;
· Delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
· Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
· Obtain your personal data in an electronic format for you; and
· File a complaint with us and/or the relevant data protection authority.
7. How can you object to the processing of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing). Once you have informed us of this request, we will no longer process your personal data unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may exercise this right in the same manner as for your other rights indicated above.
What security measures have we implemented to protect your information collected through the Allianz Explore Website?
Allianz has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data collected by Allianz via the Allianz Explore Website against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction.
How do we treat electronic messages sent to and from Allianz?
All electronic messages sent to and from Allianz are protected by reasonable technical and organizational measures and may only be accessed in justified cases in line with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, violation of regulatory obligations) to specific persons in defined functions (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Risk). Every step of the process, as well as the search criteria used, are logged in an audit trail. All emails are disposed of after the applicable retention period has expired.
What should you consider when sending data over the Internet?
The Internet is generally not regarded as a secure environment, and information sent via the Internet (such as to or from the Allianz Explore Website or via electronic message) may be accessed by unauthorized third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content or technical failures. Even if both sender and receiver are located in the same country, information sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders and be forwarded to a country with a lower data protection level than exists in your country of residence.
Please note that we accept no responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to Allianz. In order to protect your privacy we would like to remind you that you may choose another means of communication with Allianz, where you deem it appropriate.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for 3 years from the end date of the contest.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
9. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact us by email as follows:
E-mail: : GoodPrivacy@allianz.com
Group Data Protection Officer
10. How often is this privacy notice updated?
We regularly review this privacy notice. We will ensure the most recent version is available on our website explore.allianz.com and will tell you directly when there is an important change that may impact you. This privacy notice was last updated on 15.02.2018.