Internship Vacancy: Molecular Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry or similar
Have you ever sat at your lab bench on a sunny Saturday, pipetting stuff into tubes for what seems like forever and thought:
“There’s got to be a better way.”
Digi.Bio is looking for a student or recent graduate with a background in Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry or similar disciplines, who wants to join the good fight for affordable data-driven automation. As a member of our R&D team, you will make a large impact on the development of our product.
You will have the opportunity to steer your work according to your interests. Your primary tasks will include:
- Performing Molecular Biology protocols (eg. cell, protein or immunoassays, cloning and transformation), including experiment design, data collection and troubleshooting on a Digi.Bio Device and on bench.
- Identifying areas of improvement, tracking and troubleshooting bugs.
- Identifying state-of-the-art solutions through literature research.
- Supporting product development decision-making processes.
Other tasks include:
- Perform recurrent laboratory maintenance tasks.
- Develop and maintain documentation for descriptions and specifications of experimental designs and experimental data, including protocols used, purchasing specifications, test documentation and test reports.
Through your tasks, you will have an opportunity to learn about Digital Microfluidics and how this technology can be used to improve molecular and synthetic biology protocols.
- BSc./MSc. In Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or similar.
- Experience in laboratory work.
- Side knowledge of electronics, software development or industrial manufacturing is preferred.
- Strong creative abilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Good teamworking skills.
- Analytical skills.
- The opportunity to work in an ambitious startup in an exciting field. Startups are known for their fast-paced, yet relaxed and light environment with flat hierarchy. Find out what that’s like!
- The possibility to do impactful work on industry-changing technology. As a small company, every person’s work counts all the more.
- Learn about many different things. Our product is based on multidisciplinary engineering principles. This means you will never get bored. Interested in chemistry, engineering or software? There’s space for that too!
If you are interested, please sign up via this form
Digi.Bio is building the machine to digitalize biology. We are an early stage start-up of biologists and engineers who want to bring the speed and reproducibility of computers to biology. Using digital microfluidics and AI, we are designing next generation automation tools which reduce the hassle and cost of experimentation and increase the speed of scientific discovery. For more information on our product, visit our website.