2019 SUMMER INFORMATION
I hope everybody is doing well. We want to get a head start on our Junior Olympic trip this coming summer. For the summer of 2019, the National Junior Olympics will be in Orange County, CA and we are excited for another great summer. Below is the preliminary information regarding the JO trip. Please note that things may change between now and summer.
Please sign up now! This is the most important thing to do right now. Complete the Registration form and if you know someone else that wants to play have them sign up also. The sooner we get signups the easier it is for us to plan and prepare for a successful summer. As athletes sign up we will be evaluating athletes and putting together teams. Practice attendance, hard work and game experience will have an impact on the evaluation process. Finally, I have attached the Swim A Thon fundraiser form. By beginning the fundraiser now the athletes will have months to raise funds for the trip.
Junior Olympic Sign Up Link (Click blue link below):
Please sign up now!
You will also need to register with USA Water Polo as a Gold Member
2019 Viper Pigeon JO Trip Information:
General Summer Program Info:
Locations: Lamar CISD Nat, Lamar HS, Laporte HS, Strake Jesuit(starting Mon. June 3rd)
Start Date: Tuesday, May 7th
End Date: Sunday, July 28 (end of Girls Junior Olympics)
Local Practices in May: Monday-Thursday
- LCISD Nat from 5:30 till 7 pm
- Lamar HS from 5:30 till 7 pm
- Laporte HS from 7-830 pm (Mon. and Weds. Only)
Junior Olympic Group Practices (beginning Tues, June 4th):
Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs at Strake Jesuit
14 and Under 4pm to 5:30.
18U/16U 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Local Practices in the Summer (beginning Mon, June 3rd):
- Fort Bend ISD Training Pool from 11:30-1 (Mon, Tues, Weds) Start Mon, June 10th
- Lamar HS from 12:00 - 1:30 pm and 5:30 - 7 pm (Monday, Tuesday, Weds) Start Tues, June 4th
- Laporte HS from High School 7-900 pm (Weds. Only)
Costs Estimates based off of last summer (Remember Fundraising is Available via Swim A Thon):
- Summer Training fees $375 Per Athlete (Includes League Game Days and Practice 4 Days a Week)
- 1st Junior Olympic Fee $200 Per Athlete
- JO Flight Costs approx. $400-500 Per Athlete
- 2nd Junior Olympic Fee if staying in TEAM room TBD per athlete
- 2nd Junior Olympic Fee if staying in PARENTS room TBD per athlete
We have a block of rooms for the coaches and athletes in a team room at;
DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim- Orange County
100 The City Drive Orange California 92868
Athletes are allowed to stay with parents. When parents call please make sure you are not reserving a room in the West Houston team block. I would let them know you are getting a room for USA Water Polo Junior Olympics to see if you can get a discounted rate.
Boys Travel Plans:
Depart for Orange County (group flight will fly into the Orange County or LA Airport): Thursday, July 18th. The group flight will arrive mid day and check in at the hotel and train in the evening at TBD that evening. Friday morning we will train at TBD again and then head to the beach. The group flight travel info will be released Mon, June 10th.
Return from Orange County: Tuesday Evening, July 23rd.
Boys Travel Trip (athletes age 15-18):
We would depart the morning of Friday, July 12 and compete in the John Hale tournament (July 12-14). Monday through Thursday following the tournament we will train and scrimmage with teams throughout Orange County.
Girls Travel Plans:
Depart for Orange County (group flight will fly into the Orange County or LA Airport): Tuesday, July 23rd. The group flight will arrive in the afternoon and check into the hotel and train that evening at TBD. Some of our coaches will be limited that afternoon as they will still have coaching responsibilities with the boys teams. Wednesday morning we will train at TBD again and then head to the beach. The group flight travel info will be release Mon, June 10th.
Return from Orange County: Sunday, July 28th.
Summer Calendar on Next Page (please mark your calendars!)
Summer Game and Tournament Schedule (Tentative):
- May 25 - 27 Welcome to Texas Shootout at San Antonio (Evaluation Tournament / Athletes Expected to Participate)
- June 8 - 9 SW Zone Championships (JO Quals) at TBD (Junior Olympic Athletes Only/Participation Required)
- June 15 - 16 SW Zone Championships (JO Quals) at TBD (Junior Olympic Athletes Only/Participation Required)
- June 13 GHWPL League Day # 1 @ Various Locations
- June 21 GHWPL League Day # 2 @ Various Locations
- June 22 - 23 Dallas Summer Classic @ Southlake
- June 29-30 National Club Championships (Girls Only!)
- July 6 - 7 Southside Tournament (HS Age/14U/12U/10U)
- July 9 - 11 GHWPL Summer Championships @ Strake Jesuit (Hosted by VP)
- July 11 Boys Travel Trip departs for Orange County (All boys 15 & Up are welcome to attend.)
- July 12 - 14 Boys @ John Hale Tournament http://chawp.com/hale-tournament/
- July 15 - 18 Boys Training and Scrimmaging with Orange County clubs
- July 18 Boys Depart for Orange County (athletes not on travel trip)
- July 19 Recovery Day for Boys
- July 20 Boys JO Starts
- July 22 Girls Only Training @ Strake
- July 23 Girls Depart for Orange County and Scrimmage that night
- July 24 Girls Scrimmage in the morning then afternoon sightseeing
- July 25 Girls JO Starts
- Swim A Thon is for individual athletes to raise money for their trip.
- Sponsor Flyer is for businesses and individuals to sponsor the Team
- Release form must be completed and turned in for the summer
- Remind 101 is to receive text updates for summer programs
- Junior Olympic Program FAQ