Northmont YouthNews for November 12th
In This Week’s YouthNews:
- Youth Dinner Out Info
- Retreat Payment
- Mission Trip Dates
- Schedule of Dates and Events
Youth Dinner Out! - THIS WEEK!
Wednesday November 14th will be a unique Wednesday. We won’t have Family Night, we won’t have Wednesday Club, but WE WILL HAVE YOUTH GROUP! As a celebration of the great work you all have done this fall and in preparation for the coming holidays of Thanks and Advent, we will all go out to dinner at Emilianos. We will all meet at Emiliano’s in McCandless at 6pm. (If you need a ride please let me know!) Please bring $5 and the church will cover the rest of the meal cost. This will be a fun time for sure! Let me know if you plan to attend so that we know who to expect!
Things to sign up for…
- Fall Retreat! Thanks to everyone who signed up! This is going to be a great retreat and I am so excited that so many of you are coming! The retreat only costs $75. You can pay with cash or check made out to Northmont Church. If you are in need of some scholarship money don’t hesitate to ask! We have numerous committees who are happy to help youth have these great experiences. Please try to bring your payment to Youth Group on Wednesday night. We will meet at Northmont on Friday November 16th at 6:15pm to pack cars and leave by 6:30pm. Please eat dinner before you arrive. You will get a separate email with packing details tomorrow.
- Summer Mission Trip Dates: We are registered for the TeamEffort trip to Coastal NC to do hurricane relief this summer, July 7-13 (Sun-Sat). We will send out info packets at the end of November but if you already know youd like to attend please let me know. We only have a certain number of slots available!
Things to know…
- Youth Group Dinner Out is this Wednesday. We will NOT have Sunday School on November 18th since we will be returning from our retreat. We will NOT have any programming on Wednesday November 21 due to Thanksgiving. We will NOT have Sunday School on November 25. We will see everyone for our first Advent Family Night on Wednesday November 28th at 6pm!
- Spaghetti Lunch: This is early notice, but also mark Sunday February 24th on your calendars for our Spaghetti Lunch!
- Mission Trip 2019: Coastal Carolina Hurricane Relief Trip, July 7-13.
Things to do…
- Pack for the retreat! See you at dinner Wednesday at Emilianos!
Things that might be helpful...
- Keep up with the fun things we do and follow us on Instagram! Find us at “northmontpresyouth”
- Upcoming Special Events and Dates
- Emilianos! Meet us there at 6pm. Bring $5 and we will cover the rest
- November 16-18: Fall Retreat (319’s plus Tarentum and Oakmont)
- Meet at Northmont at 6:15pm on Nov 16
- November 18: No Sunday School
- November 21: No Youth Group - Enjoy Thanksgiving!
- November 25: No Sunday School
- November 28: Advent Family Night #1
- 6-8pm - dinner is provided
- Come eat dinner then do fun Advent activities!
Regular Sunday Schedule
- 9am: Adult Sunday School
- 9am: Youth Sunday School (grades 6-12)
- 10am: Worship
- 10:15am: Children’s Sunday School
- 11am: Fellowship Time
Regular Wednesday Schedule
- 5-7pm: Wednesday Club (grades K-5)
- 6-8pm: Youth Group (6-12th grade; dinner served at 6pm)
Stephanie Martin, MDiv
Spiritual Formation Associate
804-614-5515 (text or call)