Getting Started with Turnitin
- To have a Turnitin instructor account created, email the WHS administrator of Turnitin.
- Please include your preference for the @rsu14.org email address or the @grsu14.org email address.
- One-click signin, where you don’t have to create a new password, is only available for the Google email address.
- The current WHS administrator is Natalie Skovran (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After an account has been created, you will receive an email with your login information.
- Once signed in, you will be brought to this page:
- Click on the green ‘+Add Class’ button, which will take you here:
- Fill in the required fields to create a class and then click ‘Submit.’
- The enrollment key is a password that you will share with students so they can join your class.
- This popup box will appear:
- Make note of the Class ID number and Enrollment key (which you set up). Students will need both to join your class.
- Click the blue “Continue” button.
Note: If you are not interested in grading students’ writing through Turnitin, you can still instruct students to run their papers through the Similarity Index to prevent academic integrity violations. Please share the Class ID and Enrollment key from the box at the top right corner of this page, and students will be enrolled in a generic research class. They can submit their papers and print out an originality report, which can be turned in to you, when it is made available.
How to use Turnitin→ as a student
- Go to www.turnitin.com.
- Click on the button in the top right corner of the screen.
- To create an account, select ‘Student’ for the user profile.
- Enter the Class ID and Enrollment key that your teacher has provided, then fill in the rest of the user information.
- Access the assignment inbox.
- Submit a paper
* Upload is recommended over
- View the similarity report.
- View instructor feedback.