Early Dismissal --
Happy birthday on Sunday to Lor Y.
01. Lunch today: Cheese pizza, broccoli w/cheese, fruit, milk.
Breakfast Monday: Mini pancakes, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch Monday: Chicken wings, mashed potatoes, vegies, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
Fri. Jan. 11, MN West law enforcement, 11:30 am during lunch in cafeteria
Thurs. Jan. 24, MN West, 10:00 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 1/15 - Dynamic Reading, P1
04. FFA NEWS:
Small Animal Practice after school on Wednesday's
Fish and Wildlife practice during lunch in Library Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
BIG Practice will be next semester during Intro to Agriculture.
Competition for all is February 15th
There will be a meeting for all FFA members on Wednesday January 16 at 11:45 a.m. in the library.
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Turn in your Resume & Cover Letter to Mrs. Ourada ASAP. This is past due and is required for graduation. You will become ineligible to participate in activities if this is not turned in by Mon., 1/14.
Spencer L., Ethan P., Erika S., Alan Y.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
07. New books in the library.
365 Days of Wonder by R.J. Palacio (The Author of Wonder)
A quote for every day of the year about courage, friendship, love, and kindness. Includes words of wisdom from such noteworthy people such as Anne Frank, Martin Luther King Jr., Confucius, Goethe, Sappho, etc.
08. ALICE Training for staff and students will be on Fri., 1/11, 12:50-2:50 PM in the gym..
This training is not intended to scare anyone or make anyone feel our school is unsafe. As with fire or tornado drills, we want all to be prepared for such situations.
Scenario trainings for grade levels will be in the media center as follows.
Mon., 1/14 - 9:30-11:30, gr. 12
12:50-2:50, gr. 11
Tues., 1/15 - 9:30-11:30, gr. 10
12:50-2:50, gr. 8
Wed., 1/16 - 9:30-11:30, gr. 9
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE -
Fri., 1/11 - 3:30-5:30
Sat., 1/12 - 9:00-noon
Mon., 1/14 - 6:00-8:30 w/potluck
Tues., 1/15 - no practice
Wed., 1/16 - 4:30-5:30
Thurs., 1/17 - 6:00-8:30
Fri., 1/18 - 3:30-5:30
Sat., 1/19 - noon-3:00.
10. The school board approved a 1/2 credit required Lifetime Fitness class.
-Starting with class of 2020, 10-12th grade will be required to take a Lifetime Fitness course to graduate high school.
-You can get a jump start on this by taking Lifetime Fitness 2nd semester as a skinny period 5, as a quarter 3 block in period 3, or as a quarter 4 block period 3.
Talk with Mrs. Ourada if you would like to make scheduling changes to meet the Lifetime Fitness requirement..
11. 2nd semester begins on Tues., 1/22.Students will have ONE DAY, the first day of the new semester, to make changes to their schedule. Make changes before the end of the first day, or no changes to schedule will be accepted. Take a look at your 2nd sem. schedule online. You can make changes with Mrs. Ourada anytime before the 2nd day of 2nd semester.
12. School will dismiss early on Fri., 1/18 with shuttles at 12:30 and regular routes at 12:55. There will be no school on Mon., 1/21.
13. There are a few people who would like to order some clothing so we are doing a second chance order for Fanclothe clothing The catch is, we need at least 15 items. We currently have 5 items. Please spread the word. Contact Mrs. Ross if you’d like to order.
14. The College Physics class will be gone on a Lab final Jan 18. They will leave at 7:30am and return around 7pm. This includes Camryn B, Joel B, Daniel D, Parker F, Kate J, Jacob K, Ben O, Jace P, Andrew Q, Nathan R.
15. Snow week has been moved to the week of February 4 - 8. There will not be a coronation for snow week. There will be a dance for grades 9-12 on Friday night 2/8 after the boys basketball game.
16. The Earth YES class would like you to remember that we are still collecting Christmas lights until January 18th. We would appreciate as many lights as possible. All lights will be recycled. Thank you are helping the environment and our students.
17. ACT registration deadline is Jan. 11, to take the Feb. 9 ACT. Register online at www.actstudent.org. Our high school code is 242665.
18. Speech - Jump Start Clinic 1/12
Bus leaves WB 7:15/ WG 7:40/ Lam 7:55
Turn in your fees
Practice: 1/9 WB 3:30-5:30
1/10 WG 3:30-5:18.
19. GAME NIGHT
Saturday January 12, 2019
Walnut Grove Activity Club
WALNUT GROVE COMMUNITY CENTER
5 pm- 10 pm
Ages 10 and older
Games, movies & misc.
20. Jr. High KB participated at Regions in Marshall yesterday. Out of 45 teams, WWG #1 placed 14th with 86 points and WWG #2 placed 39 with 70 points. Way to go Chargers! Great end to the season!
21. Senior High Knowledge Bowl is starting up!! Students grades 8-12 can participate. Sign up at the office. An informational meeting/practice will begin next Thursday, 1/17/19 during Lunch in Ms. Schoephoerster's room. It's fun, not a huge time commitment (only 4-5 Monday nights and 2 days out of school, and weekly practices) and you get to eat at McDonalds. Who could argue with that?!
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
Mon., 2/4 - ECFE at WB, 5:30. No ECFE in January.
Sun., 1/12 - Open Gym at WB & WG, 1:00-3:00.
Kids’ Open Gym at WB, 3:00-5:00.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Fri., 1/11 - GB, Ellsworth at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Cuff
WR at Bemidji Tourney
9th BB at Edgerton Tourney, 6:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:20.
Sat., 1/12 - GB, YME at SMSU, 1:45. Bus leaves WB at 10:15, WG at 10:35.
BB, YME at SMSU, noon. Bus leaves WB at 10:15, WG at 10:35.
WR at Bemidji Tourney
Speech at Mankato. Bus leaves WB at 7:15 AM.
Cheer at Marshall. Bus leaves WB at 10:00 AM.
Mon., 1/14 - BB, MCC at WB, 5:00 (C game). Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Music Boosters, Conc. Supervisor-Nelson/Cuff.
Tues., 1/15 - GB at Edgerton, 6:00.
JH GB, RRC at WG, 4:00.
JH BB at Lamberton, 4:00.
Thurs., 1/17 - BB, Springfield at WB, 6:00. Pep band plays. Supervisor-Theisen, Concession-Sophomores, Conc. Supervisor-Byers.
WR at Granite Falls, 6:00.
JH BB, Lakeview at WG, 4:30.
Fri., 1/18 - S1 ends, school dismissed at 12:30.
**CANCELLED**GB, ECHO at WB, 6:00.
JH GB, ECHO at WB, 6:00.
Sat., 1/19 - JH GB at Fulda Tourney, 8:30 AM.
JH BB at Fulda Tourney, 9:00 AM.
BB, Ellsworth at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-???, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Sandbulte.
WR, Plum Creek Tourney at Tracy, 11:00.