What will I need?
You need four things to get started in the application process:
Trip Important Information and Requirements
Our goal at CrossRoads Missions is to provide you with a positive missions experience full of great ministry.
In order to achieve this, we as missionaries, must be prepared for anything and be flexible to adapt to whatever conditions may arise as we travel to different countries.
Financial deadlines are for your benefit. The $100 nonrefundable deposit that is turned in with this application allows us to reserve your airline ticket with the rest of the team. The rest of your monies turned in by the deadlines allow us to secure hotels, transportation, translators, and all the other items needed to make your trip successful.
Your land package on this trip includes all meals, hotel, transportation, and group translators while you are in the designated country. Your meals and water in the airports before you get in country and in airports on your way home to America will be provided. Any gifts or souvenirs that you want to purchase will be at your own expense.
You will also need to be able to carry your own 50-pound piece of luggage and an additional 50-pound piece of luggage for the ministry to and from airports and through Customs. On travel days we might encounter long layovers in airports or quick connections between flights. You may find yourself having to run or walk briskly in airports to make the flights.
Once in the country, you will also encounter times where you stand on your feet for long periods of time (possibly eight hours in a day) in places such as hard concrete, gravel parking lots, and dusty fields. We also must be prepared to experience, in the countries we travel to, either extreme hot or extreme cold
temperatures in the buildings and places we minister. You will also need to be able to walk long distances to get where we need to go.
Meals are scheduled at times around the ministry schedule and may not be at the time you are used to eating, such as early morning breakfasts or late night suppers. Some times there are mini-refrigerators in your hotel room full of drinks and snack-type foods. Any item you eat or drink from the refrigerator and any long distance phone calls you make from your room are at your own expense and will need to be paid before you check out of the hotel at the end of the trip. Bottled water will be provided for you while in country.
We want you to understand that these things can be hard and difficult at times, but this gives us as missionaries an opportunity to grow. Flexibility is a necessity on these trips and we must be willing to endure uncomfortable situations in order to reach the people in other nations.
You must attend the mandatory team meeting scheduled before the trip because detailed important information will be given out at this meeting.
Be able to walk one mile at a brisk pace without stopping.
Be able to stand on your feet without sitting for several hours at a time.
Be able to go longer periods of time without eating a full meal.
Carry your own 50-pound piece of luggage plus one 50-pound piece of luggage for the ministry.
Meet all financial deadlines on time. If any deadlines are not met, you will be transferred over to the next trip CWM has scheduled within a one-year time frame.
Porters, phone calls, gifts, souvenirs, etc in airports, and while on the trip to and from the country we are traveling to are your responsibility.
Please speak to your doctor if you are concerned about any of these requirements before signing this form.
Applicant’s Signature Date
Administration’s Signature Date
REQUIREMENTS FOR MAKING APPLICATION:
COUNTRY YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: ______________DATES:___________
Please clearly print or type responses. If the question does not apply, write N/A.
1. Name _______________________________________________________________
Last First Middle Maiden
Street & Number City or Town State Zip
Present Phone Number (_____) ____________Social Security Number___________
Date of Birth__________ Age _____ Sex: Male_____ Female _______
2. Do you have a passport? Yes___ No ___ What Country? ______________________
3. Passport Number ____________________ Expiration Date ____________________
4. Are you “born again”? Yes ___ No ___ If yes, when? _________________________
5. Have you received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues? Yes ___ No ___ If yes, when? ______________________________________
6. What is your marital status? Single ___ Married ___ Separated ___ Divorced ___ Widowed ___
7. Have you ever been on a short-term mission trip? Yes ___ No___
If yes, what country and year? ____________________________________________
With what organization? ________________________________________________
What type of ministry were you involved in? _________________________________
8. What is your Height? _____ Weight? _____
9. Your general health is: Excellent ___ Good ___ Fair ___ Poor ___
10. Have you ever had heart problems? Yes ___ No ___ If yes, please explain:
11. Have you had a serious health condition or major sickness in the past five years? Yes ___ No ___ If yes, please state the nature and length of condition or illness, date of occurrence, and permanent effects: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
12. Do you have or have you ever had: Respiratory Problems? Yes ___ No ___
Diabetes? Yes ___ No ___
Seizures? Yes ___ No ___
Psychiatric Care? Yes ___ No ___
Lung Problems? Yes ___ No ___
If yes, please explain: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
13. Do you have any disability that would require special facilities? Yes ___ No ___
If yes, please describe: ___________________________________________________
14. Do you have drug allergies? Yes ___ No ___ If yes, please explain: _____________
15. Are you presently under a doctor’s care or taking medication? Yes ___ No ___
If yes, what kind of medication? ____________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
16. Do you use any tobacco products, alcohol or any illegal drugs? Yes ___ No ___
If yes, please explain: ____________________________________________________
17. Nearest relative (other than spouse) to be notified in case of emergency:
City State Zip Area Code Phone
The trip cost includes round-trip airfare from Nashville, TN to country of destination, visa and departure taxes, transportation in the country, lodging, emergency medical insurance, and meals.
The trip cost does not include passport, shots, personal expenses, expenses in the airport to and from that destination or round-trip travel from your home to Nashville, TN.
I understand that travel arrangements are subject to change and that team members serve at their own risk. CrossRoads World Missions is not liable in the event of sickness, accident, death, terrorist acts, acts of nature, or expenses beyond that of the normal prescribed team involvement. Team members and staff adhere to policies of dress, conduct, attitude, and Christian testimony and are subject to dismissal for infractions at the team member’s expense. CrossRoads World Missions also reserves the right to change trip prices in the event it is deemed necessary. I am also aware that due to IRS regulations all funds received by CrossRoads World Missions are NONREFUNDABLE.
Team Member’s Signature _____________________________ Date _______________
Return all completed documents to:
CrossRoads World Missions
PO Box 678
Antioch, TN 37011