Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice
2 Tbsp vegetable Oil
1 1/2 -2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 small onion
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cups fresh broccoli, steamed
1 1/3 cup long grain rice
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
2 cups mild shredded cheddar cheese
1. Turn Instant Pot on and set on Steam. Place broccoli florets in steamer basket and set Manual for 0 minutes. When done Quick Release and remove broccoli right away. Turn Off. Set aside broccoli in separate bowl and clean out pot insert.
2. Place pot insert back in Instant Pot. Turn Instant Pot on Saute. Add vegetable oil and heat until hot. Add chicken, onion, garlic powder, and pepper when hot.
3. Cook chicken mixture until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Add rice and broth and stir together.
4. In a small bowl combine together the milk and flour and whisk together then set aside.
5. Lock lid on Instant Pot and cook on manual high pressure setting for 5 minutes. When time is up do quick release.
6. After the quick release, immediately remove lid and add the flour/milk mixture, broccoli, and shredded cheese and stir all together well. Serve.