Tairangi School Procedure Statement
STAFF GRIEVANCES NAG 3 Personnel
NAG 6 Legislation & Regulations
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- Concerns and grievances will be dealt with straight away. We are committed to prompt resolutions that are satisfactory to all parties.
- When a grievance arises the parties will be informed of these procedures and directed to the appropriate step.
- The flow chart below provides the process through which concerns and grievances will be dealt with. It will be used in conjunction with the relevant employment agreements should the concern or grievance become a disciplinary or competency issue.
- All parties are entitled to access support at all stages of this process.
- The staff members involved discuss the concern at the earliest opportunity
Concern/grievance not resolved – raised with syndicate leader/s
- The staff members involved discuss the concern/grievance with the syndicate leader/s assisting in the resolution
Concern/grievance not resolved – raised with Principal
- The Principal is involved, along with the syndicate leader/s and the staff members, in assisting with the resolution
Concern/grievance not resolved
- If it involves discipline or competency then the Board of Trustees is informed and the processes in the relevant employment agreements are followed.
If the concern/grievance cannot be resolved then systems and practices are put in place to try to ensure a similar event does not reoccur
File:staffgrievance36.doc Procedure Statement – Staff Grievances