Hammonton Green Committee Minutes - February 2018
Monthly Meeting - Hammonton Town Hall
Green Committee Members:
X Jeanette DePiero X Mica McCullough __ Amy Menzel X Linda Esposito
_Kerri Patton X_Sara Verrillo __Courtney Volpe
Friends of the Green Committee & Guests: Nancy Fonte, Pat Fonte, Eric Schmehl
- Events and Projects:
Recycled Ornaments Sale
- Total about $40 made on ornaments; leftovers stored at Mica’s house
- Easy fundraiser we can replicate next year
- Possibility of doing at Green Day?
- We will review needed actions, SJ Schools & SJ subcommittee at our March meeting
- Permaculture Club meeting at the Canoe Club to discuss fungi, 2/7 7:00P
- Community Garden meeting Thurs. Feb 15 @7:00 pm, Town Hall 3rd floor (*note date change!*)
- Eye-Opening Film & Lecture Series “Cleanse Your Beauty Routine”, Feb 20 @7:00 pm at Casciano’s new Next Door, FREE
- Atlantic/ Cape May HUB meeting “Sharing Positive Energy” Weds. Feb 21 @6-8 pm at NJM in Hammonton, RSVP at bit.ly/ACMEnergy , FREE but must register in advance
- Green Committee meeting Monday March 5 @7:00 pm
- Sat. March 10 Lake Cleanup
- Sat May 5 Downtown Cleanup & Planting
- Sunday Sept 23 Green Day (mark your calendars!)
Puerto Rico Relief
Eye Opening Film & Lecture
Adopt a Road Cleanups
- April 7 (rain date 8th) Lake Cleanup; if enough people turn out, GC will fan out downtown & clean other areas.
- May 5 Downtown Cleanup & Planting; GC can focus on cleanup since most people want to plant, help advertise, scope out trashiest areas beforehand.
Family Success Center Planting
- Linda will keep trying to get in touch with Trish Donio.
- Potential to dovetail with Mayor’s Monarch Challenge
Green Day 2018
- Scheduled for Sunday, September 23.
2. Garden Update -
- Next meeting Thursday Feb. 15 at 7:00 pm, Town Hall 3rd floor conference room
3. Open Floor
- Linda heard from Lou Caruso re: high school garden. It is currently in use by the PRIDE program
- Next GC meeting: Monday March 5 @7:00 pm
- Sara V. offered to continue working on the Green Business Recognition program & Linda suggested to present it to Town Council for sharing to local businesses.