1st Annual Garden Tour
Sun. Aug. 13, approx. 8-3 pm
- Williamstown → Hammonton → Gibbsboro → Woodbury→ Wmstwn
- Hammonton garden volunteers will be at HCG around 8:00 am. Other volunteers are welcome!
- Amy will bring muffins, Mica will bring coffee
Sun. Sept. 24, 12-4 pm
- Officially moved to the Lake Park
- Website updated/ vendor forms emailed; so far ~20 vendors,
- Flyers available from Amy, Sara, Mica,
- Mother’s Club will run costume swap
- Plein Air competition will not happen this year, maybe 2018
- Arts Center will do a CD-dreamcatcher workshop
- Workshops will run all day, rather than allotted time
- Jeanette received $100 sponsorship from JNR
- EHT Key Club, HHS Green Club are potential student volunteers
- Mica will distribute flyers to Casciano, library, Aquarium, Herban Legend, Ohana, Community Garden. Eric will put up in Fermented, Jeanette will put in Arts Center. Amy will take to ACUA.
- ALL: Collect beads, CDs, yarn, feathers, etc. for dreamcatcher workshop & bring supplies to Green Day event on 9/24
- Eric will ask Rodeo Robot for per-shirt price for ~50 volunteers shirts
- Jeanette will ask Stockton for sponsorship. Amy will follow up with Atlanticare, Rotary Club.
- Mica will ask Ohana, Preservation Pickles to be vendors.
- Dan will ask about Pinelands Adventures being present at event
- Amy will get the visual bottle representation from Brigantine
- Amy will look into yard signs & a new banner to hang on Bellevue
Paint Waste Bins for Public Works
- Jeanette, Amy & Linda will paint the bins then set a date to embellish them in the future with student volunteers
Eye Opening Film & Lecture
- No word from Stockton on available dates or from speaker.
Green Business Recognition Program
- Set up dates with Mazza’s & Pistone’s Auto Repair for Recognition
- Set up meeting to explain program with Chamber
- Send another press release to Gazette (SV)
- Green Businesses will be invited to Green Day & recognized
- Mica will tell local breweries about program & encourage applications
Adopt a Road Cleanups
- Host an Adopt-A-Road table at Green Day
- DATE Sat. Oct. 14 at 10:00 am. Please park @ library (rather than Kathedral) All supplies provided.
- Amy is meeting with Jerry Barberio, will discuss town-level Adopt-A-Road project, creating a map of “orphaned” roads
Buy Local Program
- Mia Lane Design ? Kerri to follow up
Reusable Bag Handouts
- No actions planned at this time.
Student Representative & Scholarship Program
- Develop scholarship requirements for 2018 year (Kerri)
Sustainable Jersey/Sustainable Jersey for Schools
- Linda sent a gentle reminder to John Lyons, no word yet.