4-5 lb. baby back pork ribs (approx.)
Your favorite rub (I use Dairy Good BBQ Rub)
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp papirika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp ketchup
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp Clabber Girl Corn Starch mixed with 1/2 cup cold water
-Recipe makes about 2 cups of barbecue sauce.
1. Put ribs out on a large baking sheet. Generously apply rub to both sides of the ribs.
2. Place the ribs on the grill and cook until tender, but not falling apart, about 1 to 1.5 hours, make up the barbecue sauce, while they are cooking.
3. Mix the Clabber Girl Corn Starch with the cold water and set aside.
4. In a medium sauce pan, combine the water and brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add the remaining ingredients, including the corn starch mixture, and mix together well.
7. Bring the mixture back to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes uncovered.
8. Remove from heat and cool at room temperature. The sauce will then thicken.
9. About 20 minutes before the ribs are cooking, brush the barbecue sauce to both sides of the ribs. Layer on a heavy amount for extra barbecue flavor.
10. Remove ribs from grill and enjoy.