01. Lunch today: Deli Combo Sub
Breakfast tomorrow: Breakfast pizza
Lunch tomorrow: Chicken wings w/sauce
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Fri., 11/9 - Life 101, 8:25-9:15.
7-9th gr. meet in auditorium.
10-12th boys meet in the choir room.
10-12th girls meet in the gym.
Tues., 11/13 - Dynamic Reading, P2
Wed., 11/14 - Medal of Honor, auditorium, 8:25.
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
SENIORS going on the class trip, the Butter Braid sales kick off is Thurs. Nov. 8. Please meet Mrs. Ourada in the cafeteria for information and order forms at 10:00 am.
This will take approx. 10 min.
Seniors going on the class trip have a lunch meeting in Mr. Theisen’s room on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 11:30. Trip details, Broadway shows and costs will be discussed.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
07. New books in the library.
The Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King
Two imprisoned men, one wrongfully convicted of murder, bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption.
08. JH KB will meet during lunch in Ms. Schoephoerster's room on Fridays and every other Wednesday (alternating with FCA meetings).
09. JH Play “The Last Gladiator”.
Thurs., 11/8 - 3:30-5:45, Full Dress
Fri., 11/9 - 3:30-5:45, Full Dress
Sat., 11/10 - 9:00-noon, Final set & costume work
Mon., 11/12 - 6:00, full dress
Tues., 11/13 - 6:00 potluck, practice 6:30-9:30
Wed., 11/14 - 3:30-5:45, final dress
Thurs., 11/15 - Show at 1:40
Fri., 11/16 - Show at 1:40 and 7:30
Sat., 11/17 - Show at 7:30
10. FOUND -- A jacket was left in Mrs. Kletscher’s room. Please claim from Karen.
11.Basketball Cheerleading starts on Monday, November 12th after school. See Ms. Richards for a schedule! Go Chargers!
12. ExCel award Program….this program recognizes high school juniors who are leaders in their schools and who demonstrate a strong commitment to community volunteerism.
Each school can nominate one boy and one girl for this award. The local deadline is Dec. 1. Applications can be found at mshsl.org under recognition. Submit applications to Mr. Woitalewicz or Mr. Theisen.
Triple A award Program…..this program recognizes high school seniors who excel in the arts, athletics and in the classroom. The local deadline is Nov. 28. Applications can be found at mshsl.org under recognition.
Submit applications to Mr. Woitalewicz or Mr. Theisen.
13. FOUND -- A camera lens was found in the auditorium following the play on Oct. 31. Claim from Karen.
14. We’ll be doing vision and hearing screening for grades 7-12 on Tues., 11/13. Students, remember to bring your glasses. Teachers, expect interruptions to your classes.
15. **DATE CHANGE**Juniors who took the ASVAB, will be going over the results on Thurs. Nov. 15, at 2:30 pm in the cafeteria.
16. Parent/Teacher Conferences at WWG HS are on Tues., 11/13, 4:00-8:00 PM.
17. The Scholastic Book Fair will be open for business in the Media Center the week of Nov. 12-16. Take a look and support your library.
18. The football awards and pizza party will be on Friday, Nov. 9 at 3:30 in the cafeteria.
19. GAME NIGHT
Saturday November 10, 2018, 5 pm- 10 pm
Walnut Grove Activity Club
WALNUT GROVE COMMUNITY CENTER
Ages 10 and older
Games, movies & misc.
20. Preseason Boys Basketball meeting will be on Tuesday, November 13 after school in Mr. Merrick's classroom at 3:15. For grades 9-12.
21. 7-12 Girls’ and JH boys’ basketball practice begins on Mon., 11/12.
22. STUDENTS who have not completed their IR from previous years, submit your quarter 1 book to your Dynamic Reading teacher, and take the IR test to get that IR credit. You get a 2 for 1 all year! Teachers, please make sure your students that are behind are taking advantage of it.
23. Boys - If you plan to play basketball for WWG this year, please sign up at the HS office.
24. November 6-21, WWG FCA is gathering hygiene items for Mary and Martha's Pantry. Items can be placed in the boxes in the school foyer by the lunchroom. Possible items are toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, hand lotion/sanitizer, deodorant, body wash, shaving cream, mouthwash, bandaids, other personal care items.
25. All students will be attending the Veteran’s Day program on Mon., 11/12 at 10:00 AM. Please release students to the gym at 9:55.
26. Student Council -- meet during lunch on Fri., 11/9.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Faculty meeting on Wed., 11/14, 7:45 AM, Sandbulte’s room.
Mon., 11/5-Fri., 11/9 - Scholastic Book Fair at elementary.
Thurs., 11/8 - P/T Conferences at elementary.
Sun., 11/11 - Hmong New Year at WG Comm. Center, doors open 8:00 am-noon, Ceremony at 10:00 am, late party 6:00 pm-midnight.
Mon., 11/12 - ECFE at WB, 5:30
JH KB at Pipestone, 6:00.
Veterans Day program at WG, 2:00 PM
Tues., 11/13 - Elem. basketball in the WB gym, 6:00-8:00 pm.
Parent/Teacher Conferences at WWG HS, 4:00-8:00 PM.
Wed., 11/14 - EMT training in rm 105, 6:00-10:00 pm.
Sat., 11/17 - Elem. girls’ basketball, WB gym, 7:30-9:30 AM
Sun., 11/18 - JO VB tryouts, WB gym, 1:30-4:00 PM
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 11/15 - JH play for elementary, 1:40 PM.
Fri., 11/16 - JH play for HS, 1:40 PM
JH play for public, 7:30 PM
Sat., 11/17 - JH play for public, 7:30 PM