General Membership Meeting Agenda
January 15, 2019
Location: EVE Library
Total members present: (attach copy of sign in)
- Call to order and welcome Kim A called the meeting to order at 7:05pm
Kim introduced all the board members as we had several visitng parents in attendence for the lego legue presentation.
- Approval of Agenda change: the next meeting will be Wed. 2/13. All were in favor to approve the agenda.
- Approval of previous month Minutes
Guest presentation: East Vincent Elem. First Lego League
Teachers: Miss Mitton and Mrs. DiPasqua
Kim introduced the Lego League. Which is an after school program.
The students competed last month. There are two teams: a rookie team (The Apollo Agents) and a veterans team. (team 3447 the gallelos)
“Coopertition”-cooperating with other teams while competing “Graciousprofessionalism” -you compete against problems and not people
The teams each gave a presentations. Then we took a walk to their room fir a demonstration.
- More info on the Olweus program will be coming out to revive this program.
- The Rowley shade structure committee is still working. There are currently 3 bids in and fund raising will be start soon.
- The yearbook club has had a few meetings. The cameras that were purchased by PTA are being used by students.
- There will be a Black History month project coming up.
- Technology-we are working on having a PTA sponsored night for a technology info night. Will be held 2/4 or 2/6.
Information point: Reflections budget ($200) used for in-house art competition
- We will not be participating in the Reflections art program this year. We will be having our own in house art project. We have a set aside line item for the Reflections art show. Wendy will be updating the line item to EVE art contest.
Grant from local family for EV families in need (The ClayMir Foundation of the Chester County Community Foundation).
“The PTA working with the Principal will determine the recipients based on economic need, etc. We would like the funds disbursed by the PTA directly to vendors to meet family financial need. The ClayMir Foundation would like to be kept apprised of the use of the funds (noting that the families who receive the support will remain confidential).ClayMir Foundation of the Chester County Community Foundation.”
Wendy received a check for $2000 from the local family. Ms Seeley will confidentially designate these funds to families in need within the school.
Social Media Info night - sponssored by PTA (Feb ?, EV Library, 7pm?)
Will be held in the library either 2/4 or 2/6.
Nominating Committee - need 3 people.
- The role of the nominating committee is to recruit board members. They must complete a slate of potential candidates by April. The slate must be open for one month prior to the vote in May.
- Angela Maris has volunteered to be on the nominating committee.
- Wendy Read has volunteered to be on the nominating committee.
- On the tables there was detailed info about each board role.
- Wendy Read will finish her term as treasurer remaining on the board one more year
- Amy Simon will finish her term as recording secretary on the board one more year
- The correspodning secretary team is still deciding to continue in their roles .
-a question was asked about how to have a nomination since this position was expanded into three roles. This will be a discussion to have with the nominating committee.
1ST VICE PRESIDENT nothing to report at this time
2ND VICE PRESIDENT nothing to report at this time
RECORDING SECRETARY nothing to report at this time
CORRESPONDING SECRETARY TEAM
- Andrea Maneval currently manages our PTA website. As a board the PTA has approved to go forward with a new website. Andrea presented the new website.
- PT Board, it was introdued to our board by French Creek’s PTA president
- It is a very user friendly website that allows access to school and class wide directories.
- Each participating family must have a user name and password to login.
- All sign-ups (school store, classroom parties, book fair etc)
- You can sign up and pay for clubs via paypal throught the site
- documents/files archived and available (agendas, meeting minutes, forms etc)
- A questioned was raised about security and who would be able to make a log-in.
-Ms Seeley would email the families of the school to let them about the website and about the option to participate or opt out of the school wide directory.
- a suggestion was made to have a hard copy form sent home with each student to have families to respond yes or no to participating in the PT Board site due to some families being non respondant to emails
Holiday Shop final numbers - Steph Abate
- Very successful
- Was not a fundraiser this year. Final total $6240.70. What we brought in was paid right back to the company.
- We will have the holiday shop again next year Dec. 10th-14th and it will be a fundraiser next year. We will earn 10% and an additional 5% as an incentive.
- School dance was approved for March 29th from 6-9pm.
-6-8pm for younger students? 8-9pm only for older student?
-it will be an 80’s glow dance theme with a DJ
Movie Night update - Lindy Rolston (1/25, doors open at 5:45pm; movie starts at 6:15pm)
- Lindy needs more volunteers.
- She was already given a budget of $300 but the cost of the movie license went up by $80. The board approved to give her $50 more.
- She has purchased prizes to be given out that night. ($85)
- There is hollywood back drop that can be purchased for $20 to have out for an activity to allow people to take picturess. (the back drop could be used for future events as well)
- Lindy made the proposed to be given $50 more to be used for the movie night.
Dahlia made the second. All were in favor there were no oppositions or abstentions.
School Store update - Kellie Moore and Kathy O’Flynn
- The students voted last year on a name for the school store- the vote is in Wowser’s Den
- 8ft X 2ft banner will be made to display above the store
- Kellie showed several options for a banner. We decided on a design- the red lettering with the black paw prints the entire way around.
- Kathy-we have alot of students that still want to use their cat cash at the store.
- There will be a cat cash raffle at the end of each month. There will be a themed goody bag of pre picked items.
- Students can put their 10 cat cash in for one raffle ticket for a chance to be won. The raffle prize will be on display so the students know what they are trying to win.
- Students can start cashing in cat cash now, the first raffle will be in the end of Feb
- $304.21 is the current school store balance.
- The store has spent about $1700 and brought in about $1200.
- Kellie is going to be donating $0.50 prizes to the 4th grade teachers for march madness reading
- $2000 was budgeted for the year. In the next few months they may be looking for more funds.
- The school store has been giving gift certifcates and prizes to be used by teachers and staff
Hershey Park Ticket Sales- Lindy Rolston
- The costs went up $2.
- So Lindy would like to sell them at $37
- Lindy suggests having one sale and not having an early bird price.
- It was discussed to possibly start the sale earlier. There was a concern
- The sale date will remain the same.
- Consider not pushing sales back further due to conflicting with other schools selling tickets as well and the Reading Phils ticket sale
Reading Fightin’ Phils ticket sales (Feb 4-22) - Amy Simon
Website info - PT Board (shared by Andrea Maneval)
Jack Rowley Shade Structure update - Kim A.
$1000 collection from EV staff; bids; letter to families; GoFundMe
Publishing Center update - Kim A.
The goal is to have all set up by Jan. 30th and be up and running some time in February.
Kim will be giving an infomercial about what the publishing center is.
- Anything from Principals’ report
- Anything from Treasurer’s report
- Anything from President’s report
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Open the floor to any questions and/or comments
- Next meeting date is Feb. 13th - WEDNESDAY
VII.. ADJOURNMENT 8:56pm all were in favor.