Global School Leaders Job Description – Expansion Director
GSL Background School leaders have a large impact on the outcomes of their students and yet few countries have adequate professional development programs for their school heads. Global School Leaders is a US-based not-for-profit organization that improves educational outcomes of students from marginalized communities by training school leaders.
GSL is creating in-country programs that provide continuous professional development to existing and aspiring school leaders. GSL’s core model is based on the India School Leadership Institute (ISLI) that has worked with 700+ principals across five cities. GSL is now implementing programs in Malaysia, Indonesia and Kenya.
Expansion Director We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to serve as our first Expansion Director. The position is based in India, but focuses on supporting GSL’s activities in different countries. The Expansion Director’s primary area of responsibility will be to support the start-up of the Indonesia program. In addition, the Expansion Director will manage the pilot of an online course for school leaders, that will be rolled out in India and Indonesia.
The Expansion Director will report to the Co-Founders of Global School Leaders.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Supporting start-up of the Indonesia Principals Academy
• Build relationships with key Indonesian entities including governments, donors, and program partners to attract resources and talent to support IPA
• Facilitate knowledge transfer between GSL and Indonesia Principals Academy (IPA)
• Codify a country start-up plan model for GSL
• Support Indonesia Principals Academy team to ensure the successful launch of IPA in 2019
• Document progress IPA is making and present to key GSL stakeholders including donors, board, etc.
Leading the development of GSL Online
• Work with GSL Academic team to create an online course for school leaders
• Ensure timely design and creation of course content for GSL Online
• Liaison with vendors and consultants to develop technical aspects of GSL Online
• Oversee pilot testing of product and incorporate feedback into following versions .
Develop GSL organizational capabilities
• Work with co-founders on developing new markets and opportunities for GSL
Candidate Profile Qualifications:
• Masters’ degree, ideally an M Ed or related advanced degree
• At least 8 years of overall professional experience
• Prior curriculum development experience ideal
• Experience in online learning preferred
• Experience working simultaneously with multiple vendors and contractors
• Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Key skills, mindsets, and knowledge to be successful in the role include:
• Belief that all students can achieve at the highest levels
• Conviction that all school leaders can develop and grow, and dramatically improve learning outcomes of their schools
• Self-awareness, integrity, and empathy
GSL’s work environment requires:
• Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
• Willingness and ability to give and receive tough feedback
• Dedication to data-driven approach and results-orientation
Work Location and Remuneration The candidate will be based in Mumbai or Pune but must have the ability to travel internationally as well as within India as required. Salary is commensurate with experience and competitive with the non-profit education sector in India.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their CV and a cover letter stating how this position aligns with one’s professional experiences and aspirations to email@example.com. Please include “Application for the position of Expansion Director” in the subject line of your email.