Weekly Schedule & Match Format
- The THL website will be updated to reflect current match pairings for all series no later than Monday 2:00 AM Pacific Time each week.
- Seeding for teams will be based on average points earned per match. 1 being the highest average and 4 being the lowest.
- The top listed player in your lobby will be in charge of starting the game. All other players are responsible for sending the lobby leader a friend request. Do not make them add you.
- If you are leading the lobby, create a ready post in your respective lobby chat room for players to react to to signal a ready.
- Once you have reaction/verbal response from all players in the lobby you are good to start.
- Any tampering with this system will result in a suspension from THL (length to be determined by Board). Please do not react to these posts if you are not involved in the lobby.
- At each match time, two games of Battlegrounds will take place with a 5 minute break between games.
- Lobby leaders should repeat the ready steps for the second game.
- Use a timer and start no later than 7 minutes after the first lobby ends.
- If a player is missing at match start, other players will wait 15 minutes before starting. A late player may join subsequent games.
- Missing any number of games will be considered a DQ.
- There will be two times all matches are played each week to be determined before the season. For the Alpha season, those times will be Fridays at 6:00 PM Pacific Time and Sundays at 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
- Captains will be required to submit which players will be playing in which lobby by Thursday at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Two players will play in the “Tavern A” lobby (Friday at 6 PM Pacific) and two players will play in the “Tavern B” lobby (Sunday at 6 PM Pacific). If a team has more than 2 players submitted in either lobby, lobbies will be assigned randomly to ensure 2 players from each team are in both lobbies.
- The top listed player in the match pairing will be in charge of forming the lobby. All other players will be responsible for adding that player before match time.
- All players must be in the main THL Discord server and use the provided lobby channel for ease of communication with all opponents in your lobby.
- Players may only be in communication with only their teammate who is playing in the same lobby. Be sure to share screens if you are able.
- Players may not spectate opposing teams after they have lost in the lobby until both players of the team have been eliminated.
- Submit results after each individual game. You will also be required to submit a screenshot of your death/victory screen.
- A player’s position on a team is guaranteed for an entire season once confirmed by the captain. Confirmation occurs when the initial roster is sent to the board. The following exceptions allow a player to leave a team.
- Voluntary resignation
- Disqualification (DQ)
- Board intervention
- The captain is permitted to remove the player up to 7 days after a DQ or board action but may not defer player removal beyond that.
A valid roster is made up of 4 signed players and 1 captain. The captain of a team may be one of its 4 signed players, but the captain is not required to be a player. Captains are considered a full member of the team and cannot play for another team in the series. PR is not used in Battleground Series.
Substitutions and Permanent Replacements
If a player is unable to match either match time in a given week, a free agent may take their place as a substitute or permanent replacement.
- Must be declared by Thursday 11:59 Pacific Time by submitting a sub form (found in the #captains Discord channel). A valid substitute player may be declared for multiple weeks through an email to the board.
- This includes teammates needing to swap lobbies following the lobby reveal.
- If you have an instance like this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org titled ‘Battlegrounds Sub [team name]’ to avoid filling out multiple forms.
- Must be declared by Thursday 11:59 Pacific Time the week of by submitting a sub form (found in the #captains Discord channel).
- Permanent replacements may be submitted as a substitute for the current week and then as a permanent replacement for the following week.
- If a substitute is required after Thursday 11:59 Pacific Time, a substitute may take their place for the week with certain stipulations.
- The Board must be informed of a substitute in this case at least 30 minutes prior to the Lobby time.
- Emergency substitutes are limited to one per player per series season.
- This includes lobby swaps between teammates. Only one player will be considered to have used their season’s emergency substitution in these cases. Inform the Board which player is using their emergency substitution at time of submission in these cases.
- Players earn points for their team after each game of Battlegrounds based on finish as noted below.
- Ties will result in the total points earned split equally between all tying players.
- If a player is absent from a lobby, they will earn 0 points for their team.
- Before the season begins, the Board will create seeds equal to the teams and create a schedule that randomly pairs seeds in an attempt to keep an as close as possible an equal number of weeks against each opponent. Expect to play each other team 1-3 times, most frequently twice.
- Teams will be randomly placed in these seeds prior to the season, and the final schedule will be available on the site at the beginning of the season.