Upper School (7th – 12th Grade)
2018 - 19 QUICK START GUIDE
Things you need to know:
- The upper school retreat is August 15th – 17th and will be at the Quaker Hill Camp and Conference Center in McCall.
- Regular classes begin on Monday, August 20th.
- The school day begins at 7:45 a.m. (students need to be seated at their desk) and ends at 3:00 p.m.
- Your teacher’s email follows this sample: email@example.com
- Wednesday is formal day and all students are required to wear their full formal uniform every Wednesday.
- Upper school exordiums are held roughly twice a month on Wednesdays at 9:15 a.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- New students and incoming 7th grade students will need to order a House t-shirt. (see second page)
- Parking this year will be tight with construction on our south lot. Student drivers are to park in the lot behind the building. Parents drop off students following the prescribed method outlined in the Drop off/Pick Up Instructions.
- Zip Code lists are available from the office by request to help you in creating a carpool.
- Students are allowed to bring their cell phones on campus, but from 7:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. they must be powered off and in their lockers. If you need to contact your children during the school day, please call (323-3888) or email our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get them a message.
- NEW COMMUNICATION TOOL! This year our school will be using ParentSquare. Watch for an invitation email or text to get signed up. Parent Square introduction
Things you need to DO:
- Purchase required school supplies. You can support our Junior class by purchasing through ClassBundl. If you prefer to shop yourself, see lists on the Back to School page.
- Purchase needed uniform items.
- Order required books. Book lists are on our Back to School Page.
- Fill out and return the House t-shirt order form (if you need one) by August 1st. All incoming 7th and new upper school students, and any current student in need of a replacement shirt should fill it out.
- Complete required summer reading and bring in the signed summer reading form the first day of school. If needed, review the summer reading list.
- Put an Ambrose sticker on your car and your student’s car to help us identify Ambrose families in the parking lot.
- Come in to the school to pick up your textbooks, receive your final class schedule and set up your locker. Date: TBD, an email will be sent out when this is scheduled.
- Review the Back to School page on our website for more information.