MEMO TO THE WHS CLASS OF 2019 SENIORS
(*contains VERY important information – do not lose!)
Your Senior Class Advisors are Mrs. Behn and Mrs. Thompson, please see them if you have any questions about end of year requirements and Graduation ceremony.
Carefully read the items related to your final weeks at WHS:
- Calendar of significant events and dates for May.
- Graduation/Baccalaureate notes.
- Senior Picnic notes.
GRADUATION PRACTICE – Be Here by 8:30 am FRIDAY, 5/17
- Practice begins at 9:00am WHS
- EVERYONE needs to bring your cap and gown for the group photo taken at 8:45am
- Interstate Photographers will be here for individual photos beginning at 8:00am
- You do not need to dress up, as your cap & gown will cover your attire for the picture OR you may bring a change of clothes prior to the picnic.
- There will be a large group photo of the entire Class of 2019 so everyone needs to bring their graduation cap and gown with them.
- Any fees due from the year must be paid before you can participate in some end of the year activities!
DUE: May 8th!
- If there are any outstanding registration fees & fines owed you will not be allowed to attend the Senior Picnic.
- Senior checkout sheets can’t be completed unless all fees & fines are paid.
- Baccalaureate is in the WHS Gym at 1:00pm on Sunday, May 19th. ALL ARE WELCOME!
- This is a celebration for high school seniors, and is an interdenominational Christian ceremony. Dress (and act) appropriately.
- See the Graduation Dress Code Requirements, typically students also wear their graduation gowns for this ceremony.
- Graduation is in WHS Gym at 3:00pm on Sunday, May 19th.
- Arrive no later than 2:30pm and assemble in the cafetorium.
- Mandatory Dress Code.
- Reserved Special Seating is available if requested ahead of time for elderly and/or handicap family members and guests of graduates. Please contact Mrs. Thompson or Mrs. Behn prior to May 17th at 815-335-2336 to reserve floor seats. Limit 4.
Graduation Ceremony Dress Guidelines
Approved by Winnebago Board of Education 1/24/11
In order to maintain the honor and dignity associated with the graduation ceremony, the following guidelines should be followed as approved by the Winnebago Board of Education.
1) Girls should wear a dress/skirt or dress pants with a blouse and dress shoes under their graduation gown.
2) Boys should wear dress pants, dress shirt (buttoned-up, collared shirt) and tie under their graduation gown.
3) Tennis shoes, flip-flops, jeans, shorts, and t-shirts will not be allowed.
4) Students who have altered their mortar board cap must have it approved by the administration in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
5) Students should behave in a dignified manner for the entire ceremony.
6) Any dress or behavior considered inappropriate by school administration may result in the student being withheld from the graduation line and ceremony.
7) Students joining the military will be allowed to wear military dress for graduation.
- During graduation, NO disruptive items (ex. Noisemakers, silly string, etc), improper sayings on mortarboards, yelling out inappropriate comments will NOT be tolerated.
- There is NO such thing as Senior Skip Day. Mr. Gruber and WHS is making an extra effort to give you a great last month here. Two days were for your Senior Trip and Senior Service days and the other day is for your Senior Picnic. Anyone missing for a “Senior Skip Day” will be unexcused without a doctor’s note, and will face disciplinary action.
SENIOR PICNIC: FRIDAY, 5/17 IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING GRADUATION PRACTICE
- The picnic is a fun last hoorah for Seniors!! We will be ordering food for the entire class, games will be planned, and there will be great PRIZES given away as well. The Class of 2019 is paying for your class to have a nice memory. Come enjoy a last “good time” with your classmates.
- Picnic will begin once graduation practice is over.
- Weather Permitting, the Picnic will be held out by the Football Field.
- You are encouraged to bring a chair or blanket for the picnic.
- This is a school event! Dress and behavior MUST comply with school rules or appropriate school discipline will be required for completion before receiving your diploma.
- There will be a planned Bean Bags Tournament and other equipment for contests provided.
- Skateboards or roller blades
- Backpacks of any kind
- Squirt guns, balloons to be filled with water
- Or items similar for purposes above
- Brats & Burgers (veggie burgers available upon request)
- Chips & Dip
- Potato and Pasta Salad
- Soda & Bottled Water
- And more ☺
REMEMBER, you are NOT done being a WHS Senior until you receive your diploma. Misbehavior will be dealt with accordingly. Disciplinary actions will be served BEFORE you get your diploma, which may include Saturday School, or coming into serve an after school detention
Mrs. Behn’s Email: BehnA@winnebagoschools.org
Mrs. Thompson’s Email: ThompsonS@winnebagoschools.org