Tairangi School Procedure Statement
CURRICULUM LEADERSHIP NAG 1 Curriculum
NAG 3 Personnel
Roles and Responsibilities
Curriculum Teams are made up of 2-3 teachers with strengths or a particular interest in that curriculum area.
The role of the Curriculum Leader is to lead the curriculum team, and ensure that the curriculum area is delivered effectively across the school.
To do this the Curriculum Leader, with the support of the team, needs to
- have regular (at least termly) curriculum team meetings to monitor and manage the delivery of the curriculum across the school. The team may need to have workshops, eg to upgrade and manage the resources, review documentation etc.,
- purchase new resources within the budget to ensure teachers have adequate resources (see purchasing procedures),
- promote resources and ensure they are used and stored safely so that teachers have easy access.
- Promote the curriculum area in the school from time to time
eg organising schoolwide events such as book weeks, Te Reo Maori weeks, participation in science weeks/expos, Samoan language week, maths weeks, community projects, science fair, technology events, speech competitions, talent quests (performing arts), visual art weeks Artsplash participation, school sports etc etc.
- Collate and analyse achievement data
- Plan for GATE extension opportunities
- Ensure that teachers’ pedagogical and content knowledge is up to date. Take a lead role in the organisation and delivery of PD in that curriculum area when necessary.
- Manage the Curriculum Document Folder
- Collect information/catalogues etc for the curriculum area (set up a box).
File:curriculumleaders13.doc Procedure Statement - Curriculum Leaders