Greenville High School Daily Bulletin February 28, 2020 - B
Offer Empathy & Acceptance
The Spartan STRONG trait of the month for February is 'Offer Empathy & Acceptance'. To offer empathy or acceptance, the first step is simple, just listen to others! Next, try to connect with what they are saying by asking questions, sharing your experiences and showing that you care. Finally, challenge your own assumptions about those around you and take the time to get to know your classmates.
Remember, 'We are Spartan STRONG!'
- Attention students grades 9 - 11 please check your email and fill out the google form sent by Mr. Ward regarding Tee Shirts.
- Attention all students - join the GCS Water Challenge starting this Monday and through March - Interact will be sponsoring this event to bring attention to World Water Day. All you need to do to participate is to bring a refillable water bottle to school and use the 5 refill stations- we will be tracking the meters through the month with the goal of reaching 20,000 by March 31! Check your email, listen to announcements and check out the showcase by the senior bench for more information through the month! Join this global initiative to take action and be mindful about water use and global warming during March!
- HS Quiz Night is Friday, March 6th. Sign up your team via the google form emailed out by Mrs. Statham.
- Attention Mr. Siebrecht's AP European history class, please bring your charged Chromebooks to class today!
- Attention all athletes. JV and varsity Spring sports begin on March 9th. Modified track begins March 16th and modified baseball & softball begin March 23rd. Please have your parents go on to FamilyID to register for Spring sports.
- Are you interested in a Military Career in the future? Greenville is looking to start a Future Soldiers Program in conjunction with the ARMY, Cairo and Coxsackie High Schools. This program will be similar to the JROTC and would provide students with introduction to basic training, learning about citizenship, development of character and community service. Students would have no obligation to join any of the services but could provide students with an early start in a military career. If you would like to be considered for this program please contact your School Counselor by the end of February.
- Celebrate the leap year with the Class of 2022 by attending our whimsical Masquerade Ball TONIGHT! Join us in the high school cafeteria from 6pm to 9pm wearing your most extravagant semi-formal wear. You can buy tickets during your lunch period and also from Mrs. Karam and Mrs. Martin in their rooms. Pre-paid tickets cost $10 and tickets at the door are $12. All GCS students from 9th to 12th grade are welcome! And don't forget your masks! We will be selling masks at the dance for $3. See you TONIGHT!
- Prom tickets go on sale March 16th. $65/pp or $120/couple. The prom this year is May 9, 2020 from 6-10 at ‘The Club Windham Resort’
- Journalism club is happy to announce that questions have been coming in and getting answered, so if you are in need of advice, email Column@greenvillecsd.org.
Have a great day Greenville!!
After School Help
Tuesdays: Math w/Martin, room 305; Science w/Sharkey, room 317
Wednesdays: ELA w/Mr. Karle, room 311, 3-4pm
Thursdays: Language w/Kudlack or Willoughby; Math w/Evans, room 303
Clubs and Activities Schedule
Tuesday’s: Ping Pong, Cafe, 3-4pm
Wednesday's: Media Club, Room 114 @ 3pm,
Interact, auditorium, 7:45am (2 Wednesday’s a month)
GCS Clubs: Media Club(Mr. Albright), Student Council (Mrs. Lochner), Yearbook Club (Mrs. Statham), Book Club(Mrs. Lockwood), Journalism(Mr. Karle), Interact Club(Mrs. Hynes): (some clubs do not meet the same time/day so listen to the daily announcements or read above.
Community Service Opportunities - 25 hours needed between 9th - 12th grade for Graduation Requirements
**The Episcopal Church (across from the elementary school) is looking for someone to shovel the sidewalks. Contact Person: Mrs. Raskopf @ 518-577-0622
**Caring Kids is looking for HS volunteers for our Activity Night this Friday, Feb 28th from 5:30-8:30 pm. Please email Mrs. Hawkins if you are able to help out.
**MS Quiz Night is looking for volunteers on March 6th, your responsibilities are passing out papers, eating, tabulating answer sheets, and making your own sundae. I know, difficult work but someone has to do it!
SCROLL DOWN FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Click on the GCSD Calendar link below for all GCS Events! You can also view the calendar on the Greenville website homepage. click here to access calendar -Go out and make it a great day Greenville!