6026 CALIFORNIA ST #102
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94121
MICHAEL A CHAVEZ
BrandPlace, brandplace.app — Software developer, founder
2019 - PRESENT
Architected and developed multi-tenancy CMS using Elixir/Phoenix/LiveView. Manage the development of new features through specs and wireframes and collaborating with UI/UX designers. Architected continuous integration pipeline with AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Docker, Nginx, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, and CodePipeline.
Space-Rocket, San Francisco, CA — Web developer, founder
2012 - PRESENT
Founded UI/UX and development consultancy to build custom content management systems for agencies, enterprises.
eBay, Remote — Senior web developer
JULY 2017 - DECEMBER 2020
- Coded a data processing app that scraped data using Elixir GenServer and put it into a Google Spreadsheet and then rendered it on an evergreen landing page.
- Built CMS prototypes using Keystone.js, React.js, and Marko.js.
- Took design specs and created custom WordPress themes while following brand guidelines.
- Updated and maintained multiple WordPress sites with 50k+ visitors a day.
- Configured and hosted team member projects in Node.js, Java, Elixir, Nginx using Docker.
- Orchestrated migration of high traffic WordPress sites from RedHat Connect Commerce Cloud (C3) to Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Followed The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) guidelines by performing penetration tests, dynamic application security testing (DAST), static application security testing (SAST), and other OWASP tools.
Quanticmind, Remote — Web developer
JANUARY 2018 - JUNE 2019
- Built a custom component library using WordPress Gutenberg blocks.
- Mentored a junior developer to take on CSS and HTML tasks according to coding guidelines.
Redbooth, Remote — Web developer
JANUARY 2016 - JUNE 2017
- Built a new WordPress theme based on PSD from designer
- Provided ongoing maintenance, features and design elements
Public Library of Science, San Francisco — WordPress Multisite Web developer
MARCH 2015 - NOVEMBER 2016
- Contracted to create custom WordPress themes to be used across 50 multi sites, all managed by individual editors under one dashboard.
- Created a custom plugin that syndicates RSS feeds into new blog posts.
- Created custom admin features to streamline workflow.
Salt Branding, San Francisco — Senior Web Developer
JANUARY 2014 - JANUARY 2015
- Built and maintained websites according to design specification in PSD format and converted to pixel perfect HTML/CSS/JS/Jquery/WordPress.
- Assisted in launching a brand asset management system built with WordPress and Backbone.js.
Marc Bernstein New York, Remote — Ecommerce Web Developer
JANUARY 2012 - JANUARY 2017
- Project managed and developed an e-commerce website for retail jewelry stores.
- Made WordPress E-commerce website that is easily updated through the WordPress dashboard.
- Configure and maintain Linux with NginX, MySQL and PHP to cache assets to enable fast page load times.
Assist in mentoring underrepresented youth to learn HTML and CSS.