DEWEY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Chromebook Responsible Use Agreement
1:1 Technology Initiative
I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Dewey Public Schools (DPS) 1:1 Technology Guidelines, which detail the instructional goals, implementation policies, and the care of the Chromebook. I further understand that an individual technology device will now be a necessary educational item at DPS but we will NOT issue a device to a student until his or her parent or guardian has signed this agreement.
I understand that the student is expected to:
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the Chromebook is not damaged or stolen.
- Keep the Chromebook in the protective case supplied when not in use.
- Leave all DPS labeling in place and in its original condition.
- Bring the Chromebook to school fully charged every day.
- Use the Chromebook at school and at home in a responsible manner.
- Download district approved apps and extensions to help with educational activities.
I understand that the parent/guardian is expected to:
- Ensure my child meets the expectations of the DPS 1:1 Technology Initiative as outlined in the 1:1 Technology Guidelines.
- Supervise and monitor my child’s use of the Chromebook away from school.
- Pay the cost of repairing or replacing the Chromebook should the device be damaged, lost, or stolen; or if the student leaves Dewey Public Schools without returning the Chromebook. The cost may be mitigated if I choose to participate in the DPS student Chromebook Protection Plan.
Please select one of the options below for your student’s participation in the 1:1 Technology Program.
- I have purchased the Chromebook Protection Plan . This includes a yearly fee. See protection plan fee schedule within the 1:1 Technology Guidelines.
________ Cash Amount Paid OR _________ Amount Paid Electronically _______ Receipt Number
- I plan to participate in the Chromebook Protection Plan, but have not yet paid the yearly fee . See protection plan fee schedule within the 1:1 Technology Guidelines.
- I OPT OUT of the Chromebook Protection Plan Agreement for this school year, recognizing that I am responsible for the full cost of damaged/lost technology items checked out to my student associated with the 1:1 Technology Initiative.
- Bring My Own Device - students will be allowed to bring their own electronic device as long as the device has no connectivity issues. I understand that by choosing this option, all technology usage policies and procedures still apply and Dewey Schools assumes no responsibility for loss, theft, damage, or repair to the student-owned devices.
Student Name: ________________________________________ Student Grade in 2019-2020: _______________
Parent Name: __________________________ Student Graduation Year: 2026 2025 2024 2023 2022 2021 2020 Parent Email: _________________________________________ Parent Home/Cell Phone: (____)__________
Parent Signature: ______________________________________ Today’s Date: _______________
First/Last name(s) of other students in household to be covered by family plan:________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________