GO PTO Weekly Update Guidelines
The GO PTO Weekly Update welcomes submissions from the Arlington community about upcoming events relevant to Arlington middle schoolers. Here are our guidelines:
- Listings should be about upcoming events, programs, or deadlines. In general, recaps or summaries about past events will not be included.
- We generally only include school- or town-sponsored events. Fundraising or charity drives can be included if it is part of a club activity, or occasionally, organized by or sponsored by a teacher or administrator.
- Listings should be geared towards middle school students or their families. We do not run listings about elementary school events. We do run listings about events (mostly performing arts) at the high school, with the thought that events at the high school are a way for middle school students and their families to learn about the opportunities that will exist in their near future.
- Listings should be 125 words or less, if possible. We will condense as needed.
--Brief summary/description, including any deadlines and/or registration links
--Contact information (email or website); no student email addresses please.
--If applicable, a picture or logo that represents the organization
- The deadline for inclusion is by end of day Friday for the following Monday’s Update. Items submitted after then may or may not be included in Monday’s newsletter, based on the editors’ workload that week. At the very least it can go in the next week’s newsletter, if the dates and events are still current at that time.
- All listings are run at the discretion of the editors.
- If you have questions about these guidelines, or want to run something by us for approval, please email email@example.com
Updated April 28, 2021