Published using Google Docs
Updated automatically every 5 minutes

Marksmen Families,

This is a very fluid time for the schools as we are receiving updates and new information almost daily. I think the most efficient way to disseminate that information is to itemize a FAQ, and we will add to that list as guidance is received. I apologize in advance that we will not immediately have all of the answers to your questions, but we will work to resolve all questions as soon as possible.


John Anthony Scioldo II

Superintendent, Tell City-Troy Township Schools



Have plans been finalized for 2020-2021?

Many schools in Southern Indiana (Tell City included) are communicating about how and when we will resume classes in the fall. There are many options being discussed. At this time, we are awaiting guidance from Indianapolis. We are expecting guidance from the governor, the Department of Education, and the Indiana Department of Health in the coming days.

As soon as we have some direction, we will share it with our families. We are anxious to finalize preparations.

My student still has personal belongings in the school. How can I get them?

If you have not collected personal belongings or returned school equipment, please contact your school.

JSHS 812.547.3131

WTE  812.547.9727

Will the Free Lunch Program Continue?

The corporation will continue providing free meals for children age 18 and younger. Lunches are provided daily, grab-n-go only.

Will the YMCA summer program be offered?

No. The YMCA decided to cancel since we would not be able to open up until after July 1.

Can I get into the buildings?

At this time, we are maintaining that only essential staff will be in the school buildings. Admission to the buildings will be by appointment only, and should only be in the case of emergencies.

This will be updated July 1.

Can I use corporation athletic facilities and playgrounds?

At this time, all athletic facilities are closed. There are no practices, scheduled or unscheduled. School athletic fields and playgrounds should not be used until further notice.

What about prom?

Prom has been cancelled.

My student is taking an AP Class. What do I do?

AP students must take the AP tests to receive college credit for the classes, and should review the AP guidance here and review the AP test schedule here. You should also contact your AP teacher for assistance.