POSITION: Donation Specialist – 20 hours/week
REPORTS TO: ReStore Director
SUPERVISED BY: ReStore Manager
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donation Specialist is responsible for working with ReStore staff & volunteers in coordination of day to day operations.
Donation Intake Area:
- Donation Specialist is responsible for following “intake a rea” procedures.
- Sort, price & label according to guidelines.
Donation Pick Up:
- Donation Specialist shares in the responsibility of driving ReStore vehicles to pick up donations from donors homes.
- Maintain a safe and orderly workspace in vehicle.
Donor & Customer Service:
- Provide courteous assistance to donors while abiding ReStore intake guidelines.
- Help customers in store as needed.
- Lead volunteers by example in all aspects of your work.
- Keep volunteers actively engaged in meaningful work, while also finding appropriate tasks for each individual.
- Report problems, concerns or inconsistencies with volunteers to ReStore Manager in a timely manner.
- Know and understand the ultimate goals of the Restore, and work with all staff to meet those goals.
- Willingness to cross-train across all ReStore positions.
- Regular and timely attendance. Available hours of ReStore operation.
- Ability to lift, bend and squat while handling merchandise. Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Willingness to accept other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer knowledgeable, helpful & willingness to learn.
- Self-motivated and capable of adapting to constant shifts in demands & priorities.
- Commitment to a safe working environment.
A minimum of 1 year of related retail experience preferred. Must have demonstrated ability to work independently.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
High School Diploma or GED, Forklift license (paid training provided) and Valid Oregon Driver’s License are required.
NWV Habitat for Humanity is a drug free workplace & equal opportunity employer.
Hourly rate with vacation, sick pay accrual and employer matched retirement.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.