November Meeting

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Beech Fork State Park Foundation, Inc

Attendees

Michelle Tabor

Cheyenne Luther

Amy Daniels

Jimmie Hewlett

Barry Fannin

Janit Bowen

Charley Bowen

Romie Hughart

Amey Pruitt

Brian Tabor

Dave Pruitt

Dillard Price

Gary Morrison

Agenda

Old Business

  1. August minutes were approved.
  2. Secretary of State filing was approved August 18th.
  3. Hot Dog Sale generated $365 and Heron Fest Raffle generated $100
  4. Flyers and Brochures have been posted and distributed throughout the park.
  5. Members’ dues will become effective March 2019 and will be valid for 1 year.

Action Items

  1. Gary Morrison and Charley Bowen will be building donation boxes. Barry Fannin or Michelle Tabor will be purchasing the hinges, latches, and locks for the boxes and installing them at the office and camp store.

New Business

  1. Winter Trail Run 5k was proposed and approved. Trail run will January 19th, makeup day February 9th. Flat entry fee of $25. Run will use the Lost Trail. Recruit Marshall Pros as volunteers and gather race sponsors. Hire Appalachian Timing for timing.
  2. Disc Golf Course is priority project. Presented cost analysis and update on progress. Design is in progress. Plan to start building February or March 2019. Solicit Hole Sponsors. Check on price for Cement Truck delivery.
  3. Need to Obtain business and event insurance.
  4. Mary Davis Trail Maintenance project. Can schedule anytime over winter.
  5. Need to order business cards for the foundation.
  6. Amey Pruitt asked us to look into hosting Farmer’s Market during Summer months.
  7. Wildflower Festival proposal was presented, modified, and approved. Wildflower Festival will be May 4th, 2019.
  8. Annual Spring Clean Up will be April 13th, 2019. This is a park led service event.
  9. Amy Daniels presented the idea of hosting a Quilting Retreat in the cabins and use of the game room for quilters.
  10. Amey Pruitt presented the idea for a 40th Year Anniversary Park celebration in 2019.
  11. Romie Hughart stated that he will ask the former Friends of Beech Fork Lake group for funds since they are now disbanding.
  12. Michelle Tabor asked if we can do a Triathlon. Voted to wait to see if 5k worked first. Will revisit at March meeting.

Next Meeting Agenda Items

Next Meeting will be held January 3rd, 2019 at 7pm in the Game Room.

  1. Pre-Trail Race work
  2. Wildflower Festival Update
  3. Spring Pollinator Work
  4. Disc Golf Work Planning