Gateway Regional High School
Page 1 of
- Students will be instructed in the subjects of English, Applied Geometry, World History, and Biology. The class will also based upon a behavior and academic plan to diminish or eliminate undesirable target behaviors while improving positive behaviors. Data, rewards, and consequences will be implemented consistently.
Course Expectations and Assessments
- Grading - All work is weighted equally and recorded in Powerschool under the categories of Assessments, Independent Work, Class Work, and Notes.
- Homework - Is not assigned on a regular basis. Homework may be given and provided, if requested. As per Gateway’s homework policy, homework is a graded assignment.
- Assignments - All students are expected to complete their assignments. Modification of assignments will be made on an individual basis.
- Ms. Coker’s class is established to build a foundation of excellence in the areas of academic, behavioral, and social success.
Required and Recommended Materials
- Students are required to bring their Chromebooks on a daily basis.
- Before or after school is an opportunity for all students to seek and receive additional academic assistance. Students who are beginning to struggle or fall behind will be prompted to receive additional academic assistance.
Classroom Behavioral Expectations and Consequences
- Behavior and academic plans will be followed.
- Classroom Expectations - The 3 R’s:
- Respect yourself and your peers
- Raise your hands to be recognized
- Refrain from using profanity
- Arrive to class on time
- Keep items organized
- Clean-up after yourself before being dismissed
- Come to class ready with all supplies and materials (pencil/pen/Chromebook/etc)
- Complete all class assignments on time
- Be an active participant
- Following the 3 R’s will help keep our class environment peaceful and productive.
- Possible behavioral consequences may include:
- Conference with student
- Parent contact
- Referral to administration