Early Dismissal --
01. Lunch today: Burger bar, sweet potato fries, fruit, milk.
Breakfast tomorrow: Breakfast combo, grahams, fruit, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Quesadillas or pizza cruncher, corn, fruit, milk.
02. College/Military Reps:
Fri. Jan. 11, MN West law enforcement, 11:30 am during lunch in cafeteria
Thurs. Jan. 24, MN West, 10:00 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 1/8 - Dynamic Reading, P6b
Fri., 1/11 - Life 101, 8:25-9:15
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
07. New books in the library.
Sparks Ignite by Hannah Beth
A fugitive in her own country and on top of the most wanted list, Safira Rofisca has only one way of escape-marriage to a man she’s never met. Two souls from completely different worlds must trust their faith to overcome many obstacles.
08. FRC ROBOTICS - The season starts with the KICKOFF January 5. Robotics leave time for KICKOFF is 7am WG and 7:30 WB. Bring money for dinner. After returning plan to work in shop until frame is put together.
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE -
Thurs., 1/3 - 3:30-5:30
Fri., 1/4- 6:00-8:30
Sat., 1/5 - 2:00-3:30
Mon., 1/7 - 3:30-5:30
Tues., 1/8 - 3:30-5:30
Wed., 1/9 - 3:30-5:30
Thurs., 1/10 - 6:00-8:30
Fri., 1/11 - 3:30-5:30
Sat., 1/12 - 9:00-noon
10. The school board approved a 1/2 credit required Lifetime Fitness class.
-Starting with class of 2020, 10-12th grade will be required to take a Lifetime Fitness course to graduate high school.
-You can get a jump start on this by taking Lifetime Fitness 2nd semester as a skinny period 5, as a quarter 3 block in period 3, or as a quarter 4 block period 3.
Talk with Mrs. Ourada if you would like to make scheduling changes to meet the Lifetime Fitness requirement..
11.Starting 2nd semester, students will have ONE DAY, the first day of the new semester, to make changes to their schedule. Make changes before the end of the first day, or no changes to schedule will be accepted. Take a look at your 2nd sem. schedule online. You can make changes with Mrs. Ourada anytime before the 2nd day of 2nd semester.
12. The Earth Yes class is collecting old or even broken Christmas lights. If you have Christmas lights that are not working please bring it to the Earth Yes class in Mr. Merrick’s room. We would really appreciate you doing it.
Did you know switching to LED lights helps it helps you save money. The more you know the less you pay.
13. FCA will meet Wednesday, JANUARY 3, 2019 in Mrs. Byers' room for lunch. A little change in schedule, so take note!
14. Student Council meeting Friday morning 1/4 in Mrs. Dibble's room at 7:45. All members in grades 7-12 should attend.
15. Snow week has been moved to the week of February 4 - 8. There will not be a coronation for snow week. There will be a dance for grades 9-12 on Friday night 2/8 after the boys basketball game.
16. If any juniors or seniors are interested in taking College Stats during quarter 3 this year, see Mrs. Dibble THIS WEEK to complete the online application to MN West.
17. Junior High Knowledge Bowl will compete at sub-regions in Marshall on Monday, January 7th. Students will meet in Ms. Schoephoerster's room at 7:45 and we will leave on the bus at 8 am. We will return to Westbrook by 3:15. Bring money for food.
18. Speech - Activity fees paid and turn in your money for the kick start clinic 1/12.
19. The following students will be attending the Conference for Young Writers at SMSU Wednesday, Jan. 9. The bus will leave from Westbrook at 7:45 AM and will stop in Walnut Grove at 8:00. We will return to Westbrook by 3:00.
Mariah B, Macie C, Luke D, Gabe G, Jessica H, Addison J, Timothy K, Daniel K, Zach K, Mia K, Elijah M, Caitlin M, Riley O, Brady R, Amanda S, Payeng V, & Abigail W.
20. Nick H., Erika S., Alan Y. - Please see Mr. Merrick this week about 3rd quarter class.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. PLC on Fri., 1/11, 7:45-9:15.
03. Faculty meeting on Mon., 1/7, 7:45.
Sun., 1/6 - Open Gym at WB & WG, 1:00-3:00.
Kids’ Open Gym at WB, 3:00-5:00.
Mon., 2/4 - ECFE at WB, 5:30. No ECFE in January.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 1/3 - GB at Mtn. Lake, 6:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:40.
JH BB, MLA at WG, 4:30
Fri., 1/4 - JH GB, Lakeview at WG, 4:30.
BB at Adrian, 5:00-C with B & Vars. to follow. Bus leaves WB at 3:40.
Sat., 1/5 - GB at Luverne, 5:00. Bus leaves WB at 2:55.
BB at Luverne, 6:30. Bus leaves WB at 2:55.
JH GB tourney at Tracy, 8:00 AM. Van leaves WB at 7:30 AM.
BB, 9th gr. Tourney at WB, 8:30 AM. WWG vs RRC at 9:00 RRC vs TMB at 10:00 WWG vs TMB at 11:00 Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-7th & 8th gr., Conc. Supervisor-Kletscher/Nelson
WR at Sheldon, 9:00 AM.
Mon., 1/7 - JH KB Sub-Region at SMSU
Tues., 1/8 - GB, MCC at WB, 6:00. Pep band plays. Supervisor-Mr. W., Concessions-Sophomores, Conc. Supervisor-Kletscher
JH GB, Windom at WG, 4:30.
WR at Minneota, 6:00.
Thurs., 1/10 - JH GB at Slayton, 5:00.
BB, SWC at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Mr. W., Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Sandbulte
JH BB, MCC at WG, 4:30.
Fri., 1/11 - GB, Ellsworth at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Cuff
WR at Bemidji Tourney
Sat., 1/12 - GB, YME at SMSU, 1:45.
BB, YME at SMSU, noon.
WR at Bemidji Tourney