For the Red Velvet Brownies:
1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
For the Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1/2 cup cold butter
3/8 cup brown sugar
3/8 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder
1 1/4 cups flour
For the Chocolate drizzle: (optional)
1. Line a 9 x 13 with parchment paper or grease it well and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the red velvet cake mix, vegetable oil, milk, and egg until well blended. A smooth, thick batter forms.
3. Spread the batter in the parchment lined/greased baking dish. The batter is thick and sticky, it was helpful to spray the spoon used to spread the batter in the dish. Set aside.
4. Using a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until nicely smooth and creamy.
5. Add in the egg and continue to mix.
6. Add in the Clabber Girl Baking Soda, Clabber Girl Baking Powder, vanilla, and salt and mix well.
7. Add the flour and mix until the dough forms.
8. Add the Bailey's Original Irish Cream Baking Chips and mix in gently with a wooden spoon.
9. Add small spoonfuls of the cookie dough on top of the brownie batter in the baking pan. Gently spread out until the brownie batter is completely covered to create the top later of the brookies.
10. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned on top and toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let cool for 15 minutes until cutting and serving. Cut into small square bars.
12. For extra chocolate goodness, place 1/2 cup of Bailey's Original Irish Cream Baking Chips in a glass dish and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted. Using a fork, drizzle over the Brookie squares.