All over the world, lots of people suffer from the effects of back pain. Back pain is especially tricky to treat, and it often places significant limitations on your ability to perform physically intensive activities. Luckily, there are some really great options available to treat your back pain. This article is your go-to source for hand-picked back pain treatment tips.
- To help prevent or alleviate back pain, try walking each day. Research has indicated that walking helps relieve back pain, whereas doing specific exercises meant to alleviate back pain may actually make the pain worse. Although your back may hurt, it is important to walk briskly for three hours per week to obtain relief.
- Avoid repetitive stress to the same muscles, by learning to use other muscles to take some of the stress off of your back. Repetitive motion, whether at home or at work, should be avoided over long durations. Shift your weight from foot to foot, and make sure you walk around frequently.
- Make sure to avoid bending when you are standing or sitting to help avoid back pain. If you are standing, have your weight balanced on your feet. Using a chair designed to keep you sitting in proper position can also do wonders for preventing issues with your back.
- If you are at risk for back pain, it's doubly important to get those eight glasses of water each day. A good diet can help ease back pain. Not only does it promote a leaner body that can prevent a great deal of pressure on your back, but there are needed nutrients and fluids that can prevent back pain quite effectively.
- Believe it or not, sleep is actually an essential part of healing from back injuries. Your body does most of its repair work at night when you are relaxed and sleeping and can dedicate all of your energy to healing. If you are experiencing chronic back pain, then good sleep is as important as good medicine.
- Wear comfortable low-heeled shoes. The stress that high-heeled shoes put on your ankles and legs is transmitted up your body all the way to your hips and spine. Comfortable shoes will allow you to stand and walk more naturally, which can greatly reduce your incidence of back pain the next morning.
- Men that suffer with back pain, should discontinue carrying a wallet in their hip pocket. Try putting the wallet in a front pocket instead, or at least remove it from your back pocket when sitting for long periods of time. A wallet, especially a thick one, can cause a lot of back pain. It can throw the hips out of alignment also.
Depending on the situation, your chronic back pain might extend beyond DIY options and require back surgery by a qualified surgical hospital. If you’re in North Texas, a highly recommended Dallas surgical hospital is Pine Creek Medical Center. Of course, each individual case varies and there is no guarantee of pain relief. Consult your local physician to determine the best treatment options for you.