Congrats to the boys basketball team. They play Thursday at 8:00 at SMSU in Marshall.
If you’d like to ride a fan bus to the boys’ basketball game on Thursday, pay $3 to Karen, by noon on Thursday, and she’ll sign you up. You’ll need to pay $5 for the game when you get to SMSU. You’ll also need a permission note from your parent. You can get that at the HS office. Bus will leave WB at 6:00, WG at 6:20.
Pep-band bus leaves at 6:00 pm Thursday from Westbrook and 6:20 pm from Walnut Grove.
There will be a Pep Fest Thursday at 3:00. Cheer team out at 2:30.
Congratulations to the band and choir both received an overall superior rating at contest this year.
Choir got a Superior! Out of 40 points possible, one score was a 37, one was 35, and the other was a 34. 35-40 points is a Superior.
Congratulations to Caitlin M. She auditioned and been accepted into the MN Band Directors State Honor Band again this year.
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Mon., 3/25, Mon., 4/22, Thurs., 5/30 and Fri., 5/31. More may be added later after we see what else winter has in store for us.
Because of missed days this quarter, Quarter 3 will now end on Friday, March 29, 2019, with quarter 4 beginning on Monday, April 1.
Beginning Mon., 3/11-Fri., 3/29, school will begin at the usual time, 8:20 but will be extended 30 min. to end the school day at 3:30. Regular bus routes will run at 4:00.
The late shuttle will also run ½ hour later as will after school activities.
Early Dismissal --
01. Lunch today: Pulled pork, potatoes, fruit, milk
Breakfast tomorrow: Banana bread, yogurt, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Assorted soups, max sticks, veggies w/dip, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Mon., 3/19 - Dynamic reading, P2
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Seniors Class Trip: There will be a meeting for seniors and parents on Monday, April 1 at 7:00 pm in the WWG cafeteria. The Southwest Tours and Travel representative will be there to go over the class trip.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
March 20, LIW Pageant for any senior who has participated in the LIW pageant. Get appl. From the HS office.
March 22- Redwood Cty. Corn & Soybean Growers Assoc.
April 1, American Legion
April 12- Technology & Trades
May 1- Paymond Clarke
May 1- Maurice & Hilda Mitchell
May 13- MN. Athletes in Sports Medicine
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
07. OCDaniel by Wesley King
(560) lexile, 8 pts.
A thirteen-year-old boy's life revolves around hiding his obsessive compulsive disorder until a girl at school, who is unkindly nicknamed Psycho Sara, notices him for the first time and he gets a mysterious note that changes everything.
08. 9-12th grade will have a spring dance on Saturday May 4th. Attire will be dressy (no jeans allowed). If you have suggestions/ideas for the dance, theme, games, etc., please talk to a student council member.
7-8th grade will also have a spring dance on Saturday May 4th. Attire is dressy, but you may wear jeans if you wish. Talk to Shelby, Elijah, Addeson, or Abby if you have questions or ideas.
If anyone is interested in any softball clothing, you may purchase some clothing at this link https://falconsoftball19.itemorder.com/
10. Monday, 3/25
P/T Conference at HS, 3:30-7:30
Kiwanis supper at HS, 5:00-7:00
HS Concert/MHS Induction, 7:30
11. The concert choir is singing at a Stampede hockey game in Sioux Falls, SD at the Denny Sanford Premier Center. Anyone from WWG (family and friends) are welcome to attend the game for $8. Please call the ticket office at 605-336-6060 to buy your tickets. When you call make sure to state that you want tickets for the Sunday, March 17 game and that you are a part of the WWG choir group to get $8 tickets!! Game starts at 5:05 PM with choir singing right before. Any questions please ask Mr. Nelson.
12. The following students will be gone Friday after lunch until the end of the day for a field trip.
MaKayla E., Talitha H., Nicole S., Ethan S., Skyler S., Jennifer E., Heidi I.
13. Spring play performances “The Literati Awards”
2:45 performance for the elementary on Thursday (3/21).
2:30 performance for the high school on Friday (3/22)
7:30 public performance Friday and Saturday night.
Students can be dismissed Thursday and Friday after lunch.
Kelsey D.,Elizabeth W., Jaden O., Elijah M., Daniel D., Hanna K., Joel B., Anna L., Heidi I., Kayla F., Melinda L., Houa Y.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
SMSU Mustang Tournament 3/16
Bus leaves at WB 6:15 / Lamberton 6:45 / WG 7:00
Don't forget to check off your name for the Pipestone tournament next week 3/23
15. MN State Survey for grades 8, 9, & 11 at 8:20 on Wed., 3/20.
16. Volleyball meeting for gr. 7-11 on Thurs., 3/14 at 2:45 in the cafeteria.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. PLC on Fri., 3/8 at 2:15..
Sun., 3/17 - Open gym in WB, 1:00-3:00.
No little kids open gym.
Mon., 3/18 - ECFE at WB, 5:30 in Home Ec room.
School board at WB, 7:00 PM
Sun., 3/24 - Open Gym, 1:00-3:00.
Little Kid’s Open Gym, 3:00-5:00
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 3/14 - BB Sections - WWG vs D-B at SMSU, 8:00 PM. Team bus leaves WB at 4:35.
Fri., 3/22 - Spring Play for public, 7:30.
Sat., 3/23 - TR at Mankato, 2:00.
Spring Play for public, 7:30