Depending on space available, two boxes shall be set up facing each other with their hole centers 25-30 feet apart from each other. The front of the box constitutes the foot foul line.
- Regular season games will consist of three matches for a full game(all games count). Tournament Games are best of three.
- Two teams of 2 people each shall play. Teams will form pairs amongst their players. Partners shall stand at opposite boxes on the same side.
- Teammates on the roster are allowed to sub in between throwing turns but not mid throwing session.
- Each team shall have 4 bags of one color.
- All 8 bags begin at one end.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors shall determine who begins the game.
- A player may throw from anywhere behind the foot foul line.
- Game Continues by alternating throws between the two opponent players until all 8 bags have been thrown.
- If a bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, the bag shall be taken off the playing surface and does not count in scoring.
- The game continues until the first team reaches or goes over 21 points.
- All players that show up must throw at least 4 bags per match(3 games) and must have a female throw 4 bags.
- WAKA Jax plays two matches per week.
A foul occurs when any of the following happens:
- A players foot goes past the foot foul line, termed a foot foul.
- A player goes out of turn.
The player who caused the foul loses the throw when the foul occurred and the bag shall be removed if it landed on the playing surface.
The score shall be taken after all bags have been thrown for a frame. In League and Tournament play teams subtract scores to determine the amount scored on each frame. Points shall be given as follows:
- Three points for a bag that goes through the hole
- One point for a bag that is on the playing surface
- One point for a bag that is hanging into the hole
- One point for a bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground
- Zero points for a bag that is on the playing surface and also touching the ground
- Zero points for a bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a bag that is on the ground, unless the bag on the ground can be removed without making the hanging bag fall off to the ground, then one point is given.
Game Start Time, Equipment & Forfeit Policy:
- Games are required to start on time and last no more than 1 hour from the scheduled start time.
- Any team that does not have a minimum of 1 female at the boards at game time shall lose a 4 toss rotation for every 5 minutes you are not ready. After 15 minutes the game is a forfeit, you may scrimmage but the game will show as a 3 game loss. Teams may not negotiate deals. Individual leagues may have a variation of this as set by the local representative.
- WAKA provides the boards and the bags. You must leave the bags on the boards after your game.
- If needed Captains are required to reply back to your reps email request for the final game score within 48 hours. Otherwise the game may be marked as a forfeit.
Games that need to be made up will be replayed at the end of the regular season and in the order that they occur. Sometimes parks may not have any available makeup dates and the season may have to be shortened.
Captains are responsible for the conduct of themselves and their players. WAKA can and will suspend players who violate the rules or do not act in a sportsmanlike manner. If multiple players are acting in an unsportsmanlike manner the game will result in a forfeit.
Only Captains and Co-Captains can "Discuss" calls with the league rep. Please keep discussion of calls short as you will only lose out on game time.
- WAKA may add players to your team as needed for a maximum of 8 players. WAKA also may have a minimum requirement such as 1 female and the minimum roster size is 3 players.
- Only registered players who are on your official WAKA roster may play.
- WAKA will conduct random roster checks and illegal players will result in a forfeit, the captain being suspended and possibility of not being eligible to play in the tournament rounds.
- All players must wear an official WAKA shirt for that league and it must be the correct team color.
- WAKA reserves the right to make the final decision on any players’ eligibility to play due to injury, illness or general safety concerns.
- All players are entitled to an equal amount of playing time as WAKA "owns" the team rights not the captain.
League Bar & Parties:
WAKA is a social organization and fully expects team captains to encourage their players to visit the official league bar and attend the parties. Our bars serve non alcoholic drinks and food for those who choose not to drink.
Help Us Help You:
WAKA urges captains & players to discuss with your league representative any issues that we need to know about. General safety and player satisfaction is our most important goal.