ITEM 8 iii PROPOSED RULE CHANGES FOR SATURDAY 6TH APRIL 2019
i. Officers. The Officers of the Association shall be President, not more than three Vice- Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Secretary, Peal Secretary, Secretary of the Bell Repair Fund, Treasurer of the Bell Repair Fund, two Trustees of the Association, Central Council Representatives, Quarter Peal Secretary, Webmaster, Bell Consultant(s), Safeguarding Officer, Public Relations Officer and Annual Report Secretary. All Officers except the Bell Consultant(s) and Safeguarding Officer and Central Council Representatives shall retire annually, but shall be eligible for re-election at the Annual General Meeting. Up to three Bell Consultants and the Safeguarding Officer shall be appointed annually by the General Committee at their first committee meeting of the year. The Central Council Representatives shall be elected at the October General Meeting in the third year of the Central Council’s triennium.
Proposed by Andrew Hall and seconded by Sue Hall
At the October General Meeting the following business shall be conducted:-
1. The Meeting will determine the subscriptions for the following year.
2. The Meeting shall be informed of the arrangements for the forthcoming Annual Dinner, which
arrangements shall have been made by, and shall be the sole responsibility of, the members of the District in which the Dinner is to take place.
3. Two Independent Examiners suitably qualified in accordance with the Charities Acts shall be
appointed from those members of the Association who are not members of the General Committee to examine and report on the Annual Accounts of the Association (in the same manner as though it was a charity) and of the Bell Repair Fund.
4. Any other agenda items put forward by the General Committee shall be considered.
5. The Central Council Representatives shall be elected in the third year of the Central Council’s
Proposed by Andrew Hall and Jane Boden