This is a constantly updating list of female spectrum sound engineers listed by city. Groove Cafe launched this at the suggestion of and with a lot of work by Jill Flanagan. If you would like to be added to this list, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the resume or CV you would like listed and one to three career highlights or special skills you would like remarked on underneath your name.
- Live, studio, and film sound experience
- Has musician’s perspective and DIY experience with Dollhouse Collective
- Currently interning at Dynasty Podcasts doing post production audio and live mixing
- Monitor engineering for the Flaming Lips
- Sound and A/V engineering experience at medium-capacity theaters and venues
- High proficiency with technical aspects of hardware and software
- Instructor of technology and audio production classes
- Gigging percussionist and drummer
- Proprietor of Sounds Good Studios
- Experience at SXSW, Pitchfork Fest, The Hideout
- House audio engineer at Subterranean
- Part time engineer at The Hideout and Beat Kitchen.
- Experience in the A/V industry, sound for theatre, and some audio recording and post-production work.
- Experience as a Sound Engineer for Pete’s Candy Shop, NYC
- Mixer and recordist for experimental film, video art, new music, and public radio
- Mastering engineer for all sound idioms (from public radio to audio collage)
- Long-time dialogue editor and noise reduction expert