Preparing for a Real Estate Photo Shoot
Today’s buyers start their searches online, yet text is not enough. It has been claimed that 93% of all human communication is visual, and the brain processes images 60,000 times faster than it does text. Great photography connects quickly and on an emotional level. When video and photography are involved, things should be neat and pretty as the home will visually receive some very important guests—the potential buyers. Proper real estate images do not lie, and they put your listing’s assets in a good light. To get the best results, just follow the simple checklist below:
- Clear the driveway of any trash cans, grass, garbage and debris. Also clear the driveway of any vehicles.
- Dispose of any and all garbage that are in garbage cans and bins. Clean the bins then stow them away, out of sight.
- Roll-up garden hoses and put away any other loose items in the yard.
- Mow the lawn and trim the trees and garden plants.
- Finish any incomplete landscaping projects.
- Finish any incomplete home improvement projects.
- Toilets should be cleaned thoroughly and seats kept down
- Clear bathroom counters of any stray objects, soap, toothbrushes, razors, etc…
- Clean the refrigerator. It should be clear of magnets and stickers. Keep the top clear.
- Clear the washroom area of laundry and detergent.
- Clear kitchen counters of dishes, small appliances, soap, sponges, utensils and any clutter.
- Beds should be made and should be free of clutter, including the closets and dressers.
- The house should be dusted, swept or vacuumed and free of cobwebs.
- Remove any loose items on the floor and store them in the garage, in the attic or closets.
- All these should be done in advance at least a day before the appointment with photographers.
The following should be done when the photographers arrive:
- All the lights should be turned on as all areas should be bright
- The water main should be turned on
- All toilet seats must be put down
- All televisions and ceiling fans must be turned off to minimize background or white noise for video presentations
- All window treatments must be open
- Kindly hold the pets at bay
- All interior and exterior lighting should be on in case of dusk photography. Fire up interior fireplaces and exterior fire pits.
Kindly orient the photographer around the house and let the photographer know of any specific instructions. Photography is an art so it’s important to let the artist/s do the work without any interruptions as much as possible. Avoid asking too many questions during photography, asking to see the camera images as well as meddling with the equipment. Keep away from the camera’s view unless asked by the photographer to be in the shot. Have questions? c we’ll be happy to help.