Reports to: Manager of Buildings and Grounds
Hours: 40 hours/week
Job brief: Canterbury School seeks a skilled maintenance/grounds worker to perform tasks such as routine maintenance checks/repairs on equipment, tools, and facilities; support of campus events; light cleaning; and routine and periodic work to beautify all campus grounds.
- Performing cleaning activities such as dusting supply/return vents, light lenses and fixtures.
- Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, lockers, doors/closures, gates and fence pickets, sprinkler systems, and toilets and sinks.
- Checking control devices such as switches, photocells, receptacles, electrical panels, and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Perform routine maintenance on grounds equipment and tools, such as tractors, power mowers, and weed-eaters and attachments.
- Prune, plant and maintain trees and shrubs, control weeds, plant grasses and spread mulch, remove leaves, and support efforts to beautify all campus grounds.
- Routinely empty outside trash cans, pick up trash, stock janitorial closets, deliver packages throughout the campus, and assist with fire, tornado, and lockdown drills.
- Assist and collaborate with workers during events/facility rentals as assigned by facilities and grounds manager, such as facility rentals setup and breakdown and assisting and preparing for athletic events.
- Report to facilities and grounds manager daily for assignments, attend weekly meetings.
- Preferred experience with building and grounds maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, grounds equipment, tractors, blowers, mowers, and attachments, etc.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Ability to read technical/instruction manuals.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.